Thread: Lift options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

Thanks for all the input. I'm going with the OME 912 coils, the ball joint flip with spacers and torsion bar crank then Rancho 9000xl's.

Question:

Does anyone have any experience with the Calmini heavy duty anti-sway bars? They're over $300.00 (front and back with bushings) or would just using poly bushings on the stock bars be just as good?

Where can I get the best deals on the 912, etc?

Thanks

Rocky Road off road has had the best prices. They are not the fastest though, but many on the board have ordered trouble free from them. Thy have also taken an interest in the VX and started fabbing stuff (rock sliders) for us.
    As far as the sway bars, I have been running the stock bars with my lift with no problems.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking

i got 919's and they gave me a full 4 inches, but with the stock shocks, lowered it to 3 inches and thats not including the 33's i have on, witch tires will give you even more lift. my pictures are the ones with the red mud flaps, and the one you can see right now, is all a stock lift, nothing lift added to it.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Your shocks have nothing to do with lift. If the shocks have caused your lift to go from 4 to 3 inches then at ride hight your shocks are fully extended and suching your springs down...not a good situation! You should change your shocks for the appropriate length.

Well.

Then I'll just keep the stock bars and get poly bushings. All things considered. Thanks all.

Good choice Navi, my understanding is that the Calmini lift kit was designed for the Trooper and since the VX is based of that platform the pieces simply fit... however the Calmini sways are not as thick (stiff) as the stock VX sways, they are only thicker than the Trooper's. Trooper owners would be better equipped if they swapped in VX sways versus the Calmini option. That's how I understand it anyway. A lot of people get the low-profile bump stops to allow for more front end down travel but since the Ranchos don't provide the needed down travel for the VX, the bumpers would be a waste. Again... to my understanding. I measured only a 1/2" extra travel after installing the low profile snubbers.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Getting more technical...

With the 912s I'll get a 2.5 to 3 inch lift on the rear. With that amount of lift doesn't that shift the rear end geometry out of whack?

It seems to me that it would shift the rear axle to the left (driver side) because of increased pressure on the rear suspension lateral rod?

Wouldn't it cause the axle to nose down slightly putting because of increased pressure on the rear suspension upper center link?

It makes me thing that after the new coils are installed both of these rods/links should be remeasured and lengthened at a machine shop to restore the axle back into the original/correct/aligned geometry.

What do you all think?

QUOTE: "A lot of people get the low-profile bump stops to allow for more front end down travel but since the Ranchos don't provide the needed down travel for the VX, the bumpers would be a waste."

Are you saying that I should not use the Rancho 9000xls after the 912 lift? Or are you saying to keep the stock bumpers otherwise the shocks would end up taking the hit of the downward travel using the low-profile bump stops?

Please clearify.

Navi