Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Must be the midwinter blues....

Must be the midwinter blues....

Snow up to your butt.....another single digit day....not a paid day off in sight. It's not all bad! We have Shia marrying Sunni in Iraq... giant UFOs in Texas... a "two inch tall rock" on Mars, that looks like the old Bigfoot photos (the guy in a gorilla suit films)..... The Rolex 24 starts today. I'm headed to the track (Daytona) in a few hours. Usually go for the start, go home, come back to watch the rotors glowing orange in the darkness for a few hours, go home, then go back in the AM for the finish...being 25 miles from the track has its advantages The 500 is in a few weeks... then Sebring. Downside to all these southern gasoline parties?....I gotta cut the grass Sunday afternoon (sorry, I couldn't resist) It's so quiet here lately....just trying to stir something up
    Last edited by Chopper : 01/27/2008 at 05:36 AM

I'm off to pick up a new (old) Rockwell radial drill press this morning, then off to the Atlanta Woodworking show to meet some guys and check out the new goods. One of my friends who sells woods has a small load for me (getting it at the show) - got a bit going on, provided we don't get the freezing rain/snow mix they started talking about last night. I'm not letting it stop me this weekend.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Snow up to your butt.....another single digit day....not a paid day off in sight. It's not all bad! We have Shia marrying Sunny in Iraq... giant UFOs in Texas... a "two inch tall rock" on Mars, that looks like the old Bigfoot photos (the guy in a gorilla suit films)..... The Rolex 24 starts today. I'm headed to the track (Daytona) in a few hours. Usually go for the start, go home, come back to watch the rotors glowing orange in the darkness for a few hours, go home, then go back in the AM for the finish...being 25 miles from the track has its advantages The 500 is in a few weeks... then Sebring. Downside to all these southern gasoline parties?....I gotta cut the grass Sunday afternoon (sorry, I couldn't resist) It's so quiet here lately....just trying to stir something up
    Well, all that sounds just ducky...
    Round these here parts we finally climbed out of the cellar for a few days of above zero temps & it's even supposed to get up to the point where water stops freezing & everything turns to slop tomorrow...oh joy.
    However, it's not all bad, in less than a month my dented up old hot rod will be paid off, spring is just around the corner & Moab is on the horizon.

Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyapollo View Post
    I'm off to pick up a new (old) Rockwell radial drill press this morning, then off to the Atlanta Woodworking show to meet some guys and check out the new goods. One of my friends who sells woods has a small load for me (getting it at the show) - got a bit going on, provided we don't get the freezing rain/snow mix they started talking about last night. I'm not letting it stop me this weekend.

-- John
    Didn't know wood was your thing, John. I grew up in a house of furniture/custom kitchen builders. I worked in the shop, for my grandfather, from 12 to 25 or so. My uncle still runs the shop/business (Chellew Kitchens) and I still manage to build one something a year.

I went out for a nice "little" trail run this morning just after the sun came up...

...in shorts and a singlet! Oh, the inhumanities of winter! Make it go away!
    Then I went and enjoyed the UofA basketball team putting the whoop on Washington with VCamilo!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hey Wayne,

Yeah I've been playing around with furniture design for a while - lately I've been picking up old woodworking machinery with the idea of restoration and use - have a lot of old delta/rockwell equipment including a '48 Unisaw. This is one hobby I keep coming back to so I think it's in my blood. I worked in a cabinet shop for a while when I was in college and did some custom wood carving - I also took a spin a being a framer and trim carpenter - stuff like that comes in really useful when I started doing general contracting work. My problem with a lot of this is I've seen the shoddy work so many people in the building trades do, so I have to do everything myself - it get's done right but takes forever. My life is a bunch of never ending projects, it seems.

Not a drop of rain or "winter mix" although it was in the 20s this morning - "warmed" up to the 40s by afternoon. I love this time of year in Georgia - kinda makes up for the extreme heat/humidity of the summer. Anyway, I woudn't want to live anywhere that measures snow in feet!

This is my woodworking blog: http://modernwoodworking.blogspot.com

-- John

"My life is a bunch of never ending projects"

Are we twins???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    spring is just around the corner & Moab is on the horizon.

Life is good.
    Indeed Dr.Dub, and the wife just said yesterday, "Well, I suppose we can go to Moab if nothing else is going on".

We are still getting hammered here in Reno. I plowed through another fresh 8" of powder on my driveway this morning.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    ...in shorts and a singlet!
    Billy, wtf is a singlet?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Billy, wtf is a singlet?

Bart

A thin, breathable shirt worn by runners usually made of some sort of tech material.
    Definately not something you would want to wear if the temp was much below the 60's except mybe as a base layer.

Definately not something you would want to wear ... on a date.

That thing they made you wear in high school wrestling was called a Singlet also, sort of a onesie

Billy, wtf is a singlet?

Bart
    Bart...Ooooo, yeah, scissor me, scissor me....if you're not all that familiar with South Park, I'll send you a link to that episode.

At first I thought Y'all were talking about sniglets...don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Bart...Ooooo, yeah, scissor me, scissor me....if you're not all that familiar with South Park, I'll send you a link to that episode.
    LOL, I think you are the first one to "get" my new avatar. Come on, Dub, you I know I love South Park. I actually want to get a T-shirt made that says:

Parker
    -----------Stone
    --------------------'08

The options are looking downright horrible for both sides this election.

Bart

LOL, I think you are the first one to "get" my new avatar. Come on, Dub, you I know I love South Park. I actually want to get a T-shirt made that says:

Parker
    -----------Stone
    --------------------'08

The options are looking downright horrible for both sides this election.

Bart
    Yeah, as always, it comes down to choosing between a giant douche & a turd sandwich...& so it goes.