Thread: Towing Nightmare

Angry Towing Nightmare

Last week I was happily crusing down the highway, and BOOM! the right passenger exhaust cracked at the weld. I had a 455SD Trans AM whne I was a kid, this was louder!

Anyhow I called roadside assistance and they were really good - they sent out a truck to come get the vehicle. About an hour later a flatbed shows up, hooks chains to my car and pulls it up on the flatbed and off it went.

My VX had other warranty problems as well (Drivers window, CD changer, rear axel seals) so I told them to fix it all. It is all covered under the 10 year warranty, so all was good.. untill...

I showed up at the dealer to check on my VX and he says that it is all covered except for the shredded CV boots. Turns out they Tow truck guy hooked the chains up to the wrong place and they damaged the boots. I wish I know what exactly happened so I can watch for it next time.

The dealer went after the towing company to pay for the charges and after fainting over the price ($1500) they agreed to pay. The dealer says you can't replace just the boots, you have to replace the entire joint (?) Sounds fishy, but at least I'm getting new CVs out of it.

Anyhow I pick my VX on Monday (hopefully) and I'll let you guys know any more details.
    MODIFICATIONS:
    285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Steel braided brake calbes, K&N Air Filter, Window Tinting, Debadged, 3 inch lift, Custom boulder bars, Yakima Roof Rack w/ Iron Hoarse Cage, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB deck, and more to come (once the funds do).

Towing is ALWAYS scary!

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Very scary. Employees of towing companies just don't pay attention. Whenever I get a tow I always insist on a flatbed and I always watch them to make sure they do it right.

Just had my Drivers side CV outer/ outer cage rebuilt + 2 new boots.

Cost $85
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Okay guys, help a clueless owner out. What exactly is the correct way to get them to load our VX on a flatbed? I knew to always use a flatbed when moving the VX but I didn't know there was a certain way to get it up there without damaging something. They should use the tow hook right?