Thread: Looking for advice on 1st time VX buyer please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow, great info! Thanks to all who replied, it really helps. I guess have some thinking to do on the matter. I think this may be my wife's DD for the time being until we have kids, plus we would probably use it for camping and whatnot. Is the 4WD touchy or "sticky"...I know some SUVs have a tendency to have their 4WD be pretty rough as far as it going in and out of gear? We are going to test drive 2 today so I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

ive never had any issue with mine going into 4wd... just put it in neutral and move the lever... lol theres good THUNK involved with it but its not violent or anything

I'm with Etlsport, I've only used it once and that was to tow a boulder to the back yard that I had uncovered, just a thunk when switching to 4wd low and that was it, camping would be a good idea and remember, you can remove the back seats and fee up a decent amount of space if you need it (you can also fold them forward and out of the way if you don't want to hassle with actually removing them)

BUY ONE! They are so much fun. Windows are a pain but there are a number of different fixes for them and some "how-to's" on this forum. I use synthetic oil and have no problems whatsoever and mechanically they're pretty tuff. If you do get one, make sure you 'de-badge' it......It's so much fun watching people as they pass you on the highway doing a "180" (or in a parking lot) trying to figure out what IT is. The enjoyment never ends.
    Best of luck in your search,
    Scott

Talking

The VX is the most awesomely amazing superific eyecatching kick ***** vehicle on the road today. I am currently on my 2nd VX just because my Dad really really wanted to buy my other one, so luckily for him, I let him. Yeah, they have a few quirks here and there, but if you are willing to committ and love and cherish the VX you are up for the ride of your life. And you get to meet some really awesome people along the way! Such as offroading in Moab, UT, or going to meets in Chicago with a few of us locals. The 4WD works great by the way! I used it 3 times yesterday to get out of my garage and back into it and to go over a snowy hill curb thing at the local shopping mall! Good luck finding the right one! Hopefully we will be seeing you soon.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Smile

I have to strongly agree with Cobrajet. If you have ANY doubts, don't do it.
    You almost need to have an obsession with the VX to ignore some of her small nuances. Any doubts or peeves will grow over the years (or months).

For me, it's the uniqueness and how easy it is to work on. I get a huge kick when I go to a movie at the mall and park in the lot close to a Sunday afternoon car show and have alot of people drift over from the show to look at the vx. It's more an expression of character than a means to get you from point A to B.

Good Luck.