Thread: cop pulled me over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry cop pulled me over

i have been pulled over 4 times with my vx and i always get warnings but this last time i was trying to avoid all the freaking holes that snow has made on the pavement here in milwaukee so i got distracted and sped up a little and then when i noticed i had a freaking cop behind me with the turret lights on so i pulled over and he gave me a 109 dollar ticket! he didnt say anything about me not having a front license plate he didnt say anything abaout my taillight and headlight blackouts but he gave me one for being 17 over the limit i was going to ask if i could at least take a picture of our cars together but i though it would be too hypocrtical so i didnt lol
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Whew, that was a hard read. Lack of punctuation nearly gave me a seizure.

I wouldn't complain. Sounds like you were lucky to only get a $109. For about 15 over, you can be looking at about $270.

Stop for a second and think about "17" over the limit. In a "55", that would be 72. In a "30", that would be 47. Easier to understand when the actual limit is higher. Though, speeding up to avoid bad road conditions strikes me as.... the opposite of what I would imagine doing.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

A ticket at any time is a real bummer. My last one was so long ago that I think it can be measured in decades rather than years (knock on wood).

I remembered this picture when I read your woes. Enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Yeah, I get pulled over all the time. It sucks. Just 2 weeks ago I got pulled over for having a dirty license plate. The cop was just bored I think. He said my plates were severely obstructed. Funny since I was driving through some huge muddy slush holes like 10 mintes prior to getting stopped. He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    ......... He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart

Wow your brother is a winner.. Poor woman

LOL sorry I read that line and I can see the picture in my head, too funny.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Wow your brother is a winner.. Poor woman

LOL sorry I read that line and I can see the picture in my head, too funny.
    Well, my brother is like 6'2". He's a big boy....and my wife is a lot smaller and said she would ride in back. No big deal really for her, but for my brother it would be much tighter...

Bart

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, I get pulled over all the time. It sucks. Just 2 weeks ago I got pulled over for having a dirty license plate. The cop was just bored I think. He said my plates were severely obstructed. Funny since I was driving through some huge muddy slush holes like 10 mintes prior to getting stopped. He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart
    thats actually really funny, if u dont think about it and just picture the whole scene in your head, seeing nfpgasmask telling his wife to get in the back. " he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front)." lol.

well i have been pulled over only 2 times in my life, 1 was cuz my window tint was to dark, here in Cali, but he let me go cuz i'm from florida and he couldn't give me a ticket, and second, i didn't completely stop on a stop sign, but he let me go cuz he found out i was in the Coast Guard . And 1 more time but it was an accedent and it was my falt, but i didn't get a ticket at all, this was back in florida like 2 years ago.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Eeeeeek!

I always use the old motto, "5 you're fine 10 you're mine" before I write tickets.
    Scott / moncha.com