Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cop pulled me over

Angry cop pulled me over

i have been pulled over 4 times with my vx and i always get warnings but this last time i was trying to avoid all the freaking holes that snow has made on the pavement here in milwaukee so i got distracted and sped up a little and then when i noticed i had a freaking cop behind me with the turret lights on so i pulled over and he gave me a 109 dollar ticket! he didnt say anything about me not having a front license plate he didnt say anything abaout my taillight and headlight blackouts but he gave me one for being 17 over the limit i was going to ask if i could at least take a picture of our cars together but i though it would be too hypocrtical so i didnt lol
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Whew, that was a hard read. Lack of punctuation nearly gave me a seizure.

I wouldn't complain. Sounds like you were lucky to only get a $109. For about 15 over, you can be looking at about $270.

Stop for a second and think about "17" over the limit. In a "55", that would be 72. In a "30", that would be 47. Easier to understand when the actual limit is higher. Though, speeding up to avoid bad road conditions strikes me as.... the opposite of what I would imagine doing.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

A ticket at any time is a real bummer. My last one was so long ago that I think it can be measured in decades rather than years (knock on wood).

I remembered this picture when I read your woes. Enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Yeah, I get pulled over all the time. It sucks. Just 2 weeks ago I got pulled over for having a dirty license plate. The cop was just bored I think. He said my plates were severely obstructed. Funny since I was driving through some huge muddy slush holes like 10 mintes prior to getting stopped. He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    ......... He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart

Wow your brother is a winner.. Poor woman

LOL sorry I read that line and I can see the picture in my head, too funny.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Wow your brother is a winner.. Poor woman

LOL sorry I read that line and I can see the picture in my head, too funny.
    Well, my brother is like 6'2". He's a big boy....and my wife is a lot smaller and said she would ride in back. No big deal really for her, but for my brother it would be much tighter...

Bart

I can't remember if I posted this before but back on my birthday, November 13th of last year, I was pulled over by a local city cop here in Lenexa. Radared me at 47 in a 30 in a quazi residential area, seventeen miles over and he let me go with a mildly phrased warning. I guess he just thought, old guy in a new BMW, veteran's license plate and it's his birthday, no warrants, respectful. Hey, whatever works!

Quote Originally Posted by navistar View Post
    I can't remember if I posted this before but back on my birthday, November 13th of last year, I was pulled over by a local city cop here in Lenexa. Radared me at 47 in a 30 in a quazi residential area, seventeen miles over and he let me go with a mildly phrased warning. I guess he just thought, old guy in a new BMW, veteran's license plate and it's his birthday, no warrants, respectful. Hey, whatever works!
    Cool B-day. Mine is the 15th and my youngest brother is the 13th as well.

Scorpios RULE!

Bart

Yeah...once every decade of so the 13th falls on a Friday. I look forward to those. Ha...ha!!

Hey Pepino,
    Just got a $105 ticket a while ago for '5 over the limit' on a trip in northern Michigan just before the cold crap hit us. Was actually doing 71 in a 55. Told the officer i wasn't use to driving the VX since it was "my wife's car" and "i always drive our truck" (actually it's the other way around!) .....but that didn't work. He liked the fact that my interior panels were painted yellow like the outside and thought the TV screen was "neat" too......but still gave me a ticket for speeding.
    Such is life!
    Scott

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, I get pulled over all the time. It sucks. Just 2 weeks ago I got pulled over for having a dirty license plate. The cop was just bored I think. He said my plates were severely obstructed. Funny since I was driving through some huge muddy slush holes like 10 mintes prior to getting stopped. He didn't cite me for anything, and I guess he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front).

Bart
    thats actually really funny, if u dont think about it and just picture the whole scene in your head, seeing nfpgasmask telling his wife to get in the back. " he didn't notice that my wife was sitting in the back of my VX without any seat (my brother was up front)." lol.

well i have been pulled over only 2 times in my life, 1 was cuz my window tint was to dark, here in Cali, but he let me go cuz i'm from florida and he couldn't give me a ticket, and second, i didn't completely stop on a stop sign, but he let me go cuz he found out i was in the Coast Guard . And 1 more time but it was an accedent and it was my falt, but i didn't get a ticket at all, this was back in florida like 2 years ago.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Eeeeeek!

I always use the old motto, "5 you're fine 10 you're mine" before I write tickets.
    Scott / moncha.com

hey Monch.... I have a couple questions, but I'll start with a comment... wow, you're a cop-officer! I thinks thats awesome.
    Have you ever pulled over a VX and do you ever dream about driving/owning the VX cop (car?) we've got in Santa Barbara?

Ticket machine

I got not one but TWO tickets in my first VX (a '99 Ironman) way back in the early days. The sad thing was, I wasn't even in a hurry either time! In both cases, I was just going downhill and hadn't noticed how much my speed had crept up.

I'm used to driving a 350Z, where you are low to the ground and aware of your velocity. Something about the abrupt change to a higher driving position really fooled my eyes. I got both of those tickets within the first two months of owning the VX.

Afterwards I was REALLY careful. And by now, of course, I can estimate my speed pretty accurately without looking at the speedo.

Newbies, be careful! The VX is deceptively quick!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

So check this out:

I just got a registered letter from the Nevada DMV saying that my license is suspended due to lack of proof of insurance. About two weeks ago I got a letter from the DMV with a card I had to fill out with all my insurance info, which I promptly did.

So I call my insurance company and find out after comparing info, that I am insured under "Bart Wilkus" but my license says "Bartholomew Wilkus". What a freakin crock. I guess the brain trust at the DMV couldn't figure that one out.

Freakin rediculous,

Bart