Recently, my "3rd" iPod in the last 4 years has died on me. I am done with Apple. I did some soul searching and investigative web chugging on other MP3 audio products that I could use in my home, vehicle, work, etc. I found myself checking out the Zune. Reviews are very mixed on it. Those who like it, LOVE it. Those who don't like it, HATE it. Kinda hard to gauge these sorts of reviews. Well, on an impulse buy, I picked one up. Amazon.com had a black 30G for $180. Great price compared to the iPod equivalent. Not knowing anyone that has one, and it only JUST arriving here at work via UPS, this is going to be a jump-in-head-first for me. Hopefully its a good product and I have a good followup for it.

Also, I have had my eye on a mobile GPS for a while. SO MANY OUT, that I feel overwhelmed. I want affordable and simple, since I travel very little but have no sense of direction when I do. I know tons of people with them, and they all went hi-end, paying in excess of $600+ for them. Sorry, but mapquest is a LOT cheaper than that, heh. Anyways, after researching on my own, I found the TomTomXLS. Compared to many other units, it is affordable ($350 range), has the features I NEED (no fluff), and appears to have some great reviews. Anyone have any experience with this or a similar one that has some thoughts?