Thread: Differential drop info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Differential drop info

I have been talking with a couple members here about differential drops lately. I was going to go to the pick n' pull here in town and scavenge some parts off of some troopers and/or rodeos to determine if they could be used on the VX. Long story short, I don't have the time to do that or the money to throw away if they don't work, so I looked it up instead. It seems for those of you wanting to do differential drops to relieve some of that CV angle from lifting, our diff. brackets interchange with 97'-2002 troopers(4 door) WITH TOD. That's not to say the non TOD version won't work, but, being that the brackets may be flimsier on non TOD models is not a chance I'd take or want to be liable for. This would allow you to grab a set out of the junkyard, have your fabwork done while still being able to drive around the whole time, then install whenever you are ready.

I still want to pull a few CV assemblies off of troopers and rodeos to determine if some of the pieces may be applied to the VX. The parts interchange lists them as assemblies that do not swap, but I think that may just be due to overall shaft length. I imagine we may be able to salvage the cups, ball bearings and cages, from one side or the other, and maybe even complete assemblies, provided the differences aren't too great.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I'd just go buy a wrx to save money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    I have been talking with a couple members here about differential drops lately. I was going to go to the pick n' pull here in town and scavenge some parts off of some troopers and/or rodeos to determine if they could be used on the VX. Long story short, I don't have the time to do that or the money to throw away if they don't work, so I looked it up instead. It seems for those of you wanting to do differential drops to relieve some of that CV angle from lifting, our diff. brackets interchange with 97'-2002 troopers(4 door) WITH TOD. That's not to say the non TOD version won't work, but, being that the brackets may be flimsier on non TOD models is not a chance I'd take or want to be liable for. This would allow you to grab a set out of the junkyard, have your fabwork done while still being able to drive around the whole time, then install whenever you are ready.

I still want to pull a few CV assemblies off of troopers and rodeos to determine if some of the pieces may be applied to the VX. The parts interchange lists them as assemblies that do not swap, but I think that may just be due to overall shaft length. I imagine we may be able to salvage the cups, ball bearings and cages, from one side or the other, and maybe even complete assemblies, provided the differences aren't too great.

Sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veggiecross View Post

That sounds like a personal problem. There is no fun in that.

This guy is a friend of my little brother. They think it's really mature to come over here and try to get us all riled up. If I drove a bone stock civic, I wouldn't even admit to it on a forum about wheelbarrows and tricycles.:nog::nog:

So with the drop bracket, will I still have enough diff clearance to drive over a WRX? cuz I don't want one stuck under me, people laughing, sparks flying, you know

So Beau(Ascinder) has not been online since like OCT so I wanted to give this thread a little bump.

Mostly in light of Tones recent offering to make altered brackets. I talked it over with Beau and it seems like this could be done pretty cheap.