I have been talking with a couple members here about differential drops lately. I was going to go to the pick n' pull here in town and scavenge some parts off of some troopers and/or rodeos to determine if they could be used on the VX. Long story short, I don't have the time to do that or the money to throw away if they don't work, so I looked it up instead. It seems for those of you wanting to do differential drops to relieve some of that CV angle from lifting, our diff. brackets interchange with 97'-2002 troopers(4 door) WITH TOD. That's not to say the non TOD version won't work, but, being that the brackets may be flimsier on non TOD models is not a chance I'd take or want to be liable for. This would allow you to grab a set out of the junkyard, have your fabwork done while still being able to drive around the whole time, then install whenever you are ready.

I still want to pull a few CV assemblies off of troopers and rodeos to determine if some of the pieces may be applied to the VX. The parts interchange lists them as assemblies that do not swap, but I think that may just be due to overall shaft length. I imagine we may be able to salvage the cups, ball bearings and cages, from one side or the other, and maybe even complete assemblies, provided the differences aren't too great.