Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MMA fan?

MMA fan?

So I have held out from talking MMA here because I am on another forum about it and didnt know who all were fans.

Well if you are a fan and dont like paying high prices for PPV and dont have showtime, you will have it available on CBS soon.

Here is a link for anyone interested. SHERDOG

Very nice

I read that in the news earlier today. Heck yeah! I wish it could have been the UFC, but I will take what I can get. I have seen almost every PRIDE and UFC since 2000. I'm just hooked. And being from Iowa, I love to see the Militich camp whoop butt. Not that it has happened lately.

Thumbs up

You know it! I AM A FAN!

So who do you like in the big showdown this Saturday? I thinking upset. Well, not much of an upset since he is Dan Henderson, but he is the underdog in this one.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

LOL Dan Henderson is going to throw Silva around like a sack of potatoes. Yes I am showing favortism but look what Lutter did. Y i know i know he didnt make weight and yes he lost and here comes the excuses but Lutter doesnt like to hurt people and if he can end it early he will as some fights will go in to hurt them and yes to win but will keep going when they could easly end it. Anyways he went for a sloppy arm bar and lost. He will have redemption when he fights Franklin...

Anyways sorry back on subject. I think Henderson will win. Its his weight class unlike when he had to gain weight to fight Rampage. Congo would be a threat if he improved his ground game. He is a scary beast of a man. As for Heath I havent seen him fight that much to know how good he is.

Sorry typing away and got excited so that is reason for run ons an such. Plus I am just bad at english lol..

As for not talking about it oh PLEASE do. Heck I wll start the post . Love talking MMA
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

I'm rooting for Dan but have a feeling that Andersen will win.

Heath Herring should do well against Kongo but it will be a good test on his striking ability. I think that there are going to be some great fights, hopefully.

Anderson has beaten his UFC opponents at there own game so far and it will be interesting to see if he can out wrestle Henderson. I think Dan takes it.

This might be Arlovski’s last UFC fight I understand he is also tired of being treated poorly be them. Tito fights next month or May and is also rumored to be leaving the UFC after his fight.

Anyone else hear that they are shopping the UFC. Latest was that they were dealing with the WWE as possible buyers. THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE!!!

Big fan here........WWE take over...wtf?

Its all rumors at this point but this is the same thing that happened before Zuffa bought Pride. Lots of rumors and then a denial by Dana White then BAM no more Pride. I really am nervous to see if they buy it and what they turn it into.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Its all rumors at this point but this is the same thing that happened before Zuffa bought Pride. Lots of rumors and then a denial by Dana White then BAM no more Pride. I really am nervous to see if they buy it and what they turn it into.

ya I was listening to Jason Ellis show and he had Mayhem on. They were talking about how ufc was losing money. With Cuban suing and other places trying to grow maybe it is a good time to get out. I wasnt using Cuban as a main reason just everything at once. It will all be intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    ya I was listening to Jason Ellis show and he had Mayhem on. They were talking about how ufc was losing money. With Cuban suing and other places trying to grow maybe it is a good time to get out. I wasnt using Cuban as a main reason just everything at once. It will all be intresting.

I had never heard of him, I dont get sattelite radio though. I listen to the Podcasts of Sherdog.com. Mostly Beatdown, Jordan breen has a show there too but he gets too longwinded and opinionated for me. I used to like the Stephen Quadros show too but he doesnt do them anymore.

SO,.... for us old folk, what the hell is MMA?
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    SO,.... for us old folk, what the hell is MMA?
    Milk Men of America....

LOL sorry all I could come up with. It stands for Mixed Martial Arts.

So how about that Anderson Silva? I did not expect him to do that. He is so good with his striking too, Dan would be throwing and clip him a little but Andierson would back just out of range then unload. Never thought I would see Dan get caught that way on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    So how about that Anderson Silva? I did not expect him to do that. He is so good with his striking too, Dan would be throwing and clip him a little but Andierson would back just out of range then unload. Never thought I would see Dan get caught that way on the ground.
    Ya I was pretty pissed tbh. I mean you have 16 seconds left hold on man lol. Its liek he pulled the arm away and then gave up after that and didnt figth anymore. Seems like Silva wanted it more but good for him just odd seeing dan getting caught like that.

Thumbs up

I knew Silva was good, but I didn't think he would win this one. Shows you what I know about Milk Men of America. lol
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    Make your picks for BJ and Sherk.
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 03/02/2008 at 05:32 PM