Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lowering Springs/shocks

Dont see how i could get offended at that Id say the same thing lol.

But yea comming from a lowered car (honda prelude) to a beautiful vx, until i get some 20's im gonna wanna eliminate that gap...x

First off, Tim youre annoying as hell. i think it's about time when you quit it with your "wise" comments and start acting your age. if you have nothing constructive to say just keep your mouth shut 'cause frankly, im gettin sick of coming across them 'cause it seems like you have no life and most of your day revolves around following my posts and trying to rag on what i say.

and to -X-
    youre not gonna eliminate the gap if you get 20's because teh wheels size is the same if you use low profile tires and im assuming that's what you want for better handling and the aesthetic qualities. getting 20's will actually make it look more awkward because it will accentuate the gap. the only way to cover up some of the gap without lowering it is to get 22's and ...yea...that's crazy notes right there...

I have a set of 22s on my VX, and, like you said about the 20s, the gap looks worse due to the low profile tire. Unless I can find some way to lower it, I'm going to have to get bigger tires for the back. Right now, I have 285/30/22 front and back.

Exclamation WOW

Little info if ya dont mind on tha rims...just curious as to if they fit w/out modifying anything and if bigger tires (say 45 maybe even 55ish) would fit?

Just askin cause i originally wanted 22's but my tire tech mexanic said he didnt see that being possible. Thanx for and and all info. And they are beautiful....x

If you do a search in the gallery for '22s', you'll find a picture. I too was told by every local shop that 22s wouldn't fit. I then went on the web and literally emailed every wheel shop. I got about 20 responses, half of which were positive. They said that if I went with 275/35/22s, it should work. I went ahead and ordered the wheels only to find that the 275/35/22 pirellis were on a 60-day backorder. Instead of the pirellis, I went with 285/30/22 Dunlops. As far as fitment, and if I could start over, I would recommend putting 275/35/22s in the front and 285/45/22s in the back. That will definitely fill up the back wheel wells, and as for the front, you need to allow a little gap so you don't rub the front wheel well on wide turns. But if you are thinking about lowering your VX, and if we ever figure this mod out, then the 45 series would not work. I have more pics, if you are interested. Not the greatest, but I'll post them if you want to see more angles...

I would definately like to see some more pics, and my only other question would be in regards to the tod would different tire sizes cause some trouble with that? ...x

i wannan put hydraulics on mine and MAKE IT JUMP!!!

hahah hydraulics....yea that would be a sight to see. my boys tell me to do that all the time...or at least airbags. get draulics, i think you'll be the first =P oh yea and dont forget the 14 inch rims

I uploaded 3 more pics of my wheels. Sorry, I'm not the best photographer. -X-. are you referring to Torque-On-Demand (TOD)?

Thumbs up

Nice wheels!

are they Bazos?

Very nice.

-Dave

yeup tod - t'on demand

im under the impression that different tire sizes are a no-no in our case...x

Ah, I see. I wasnt sure someone here actually considers slamming theirs. In that case, you may as well pull out the torch and forget all aftermarket products, heh. Notch the frame and bolt from there. Tub out the rear too, heh.

I wont knock it, I actually think it could look pretty cool. I think handling would blow wet socks, but that all depends on your style of driving too.

And where is the negativity here? We are all criticisors and I (personally) like to hear back pats and pie throwing when it comes to ideas. If it came from anyone OTHER THAN a VX owner, I would tell them where they can stick it, heh. I would ask for no advice or criticism about my VX from anyone other than another VX owner. Doesnt mean I'd listen, but the point is taken, hehe.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

haha slamming would actually make handling crazy good...but it's impossible to slam it. a 2 inch drop would increase handling capabilities by a lot tho.

stiiiiiiiiiiillllllllll seeeeeeeearching!

I lowered mine and it drives just fine! The only problem is the back seat passengers have the differential and rear axel on their laps. :-]

Canadian VXer!

hahhahahahahaahahahahaaha

yea i saw that pic before. now if that was only possible....i think it looks sick...i guess 'cause i come from an import background. well...maybe with airbags we could get a good drop and lift but it'll mess up the handling so that's a no no for me. good photochop tho =P