Thread: My first nearly accident! :( :mad:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My first nearly accident! :( :mad:

so i was crossing a street and i had a stop sign that i completly missed from thinking where am i going to get the fuel filter for my VX and all of the sudden i almost T-bone this carbut it wasnt that close!!
    but w/e i keep going and i park a block away and go to my apartment just for five minutes to get money for the fuel filter and then come back and see a huge paper in my windshield so im like wth!
    i take it i read it and it says "Learn to drive you f...ing fa...ott you nearly killed one of us by missing that stop sign! i hope you enjoy this scratch in your door" so i get out of the car and see this huge ***** scratch in my door!!!!! it wentcompletly through all the layers of paint!!! there were other five scratches that i kinda buffed out! but this big one i couldnt! what can i do?? touch up paint wont even look natural on the door!!
    i know there are like two cops on this forum can anyone give me some advice on if i should go to the cops or not?
    im so pissed!!
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Unless you can find some witnesses who can positively identify the person, there is probably nothing you can do. A decent body shop should be able to blend the paint for you but I have no idea how much it will cost.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

would it help if there might be a recording from outside my building? cause there is a camera right in the front entrance almost in front of where i parked my car but im not sure if the camera just gets the people that come into the building or the outside too

maybe i can recognize the car or something would i get a ticket because i missed the stop sign and what would happen to the othe people? maybe i can get a whole body paint job from them lol finally get my Lamborghinni green color that i want lol

Try cameras.
    You would not get in trouble for the stop sign. There is no proof of that happening. It would only sound like an excuse for the scratching.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea...the cameras are your best bet.
    You must know roughly what time it happened ...most security cams have time / date stamping.

That should give you a time window...maybe only one car shows up...if youre lucky!

Proving THEY did it...thats a whole other deal....

Dont wash the vehicle...and keep the note...and keep fingers off it!

Hope it works out...

jo

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will be fine. I am sure the expense of that paint job will exceed your insurance deductible.

ya i know exactly what time it happened i came to my apartment for 5 minutes and left and it was there but oops i screwed up i already washed that part waxed it and buffed it and everything i only got the note as proof oh ya and the scratches that didnt come off too