From what Ive been reading over the last few weeks, my story is like everybody else's. Saw the VX when it came out in the late nineties, had a bowel movement over the styling and vowed that one day it would be mine! That day has finally arrived. I just drove my 2001 EBONY BLACK VX WITH 60,000 MILES home from the dealership. Its beautiful, such an aggressive looking car.
But I have one problem...
-seriously loud wind, engine fan like noise when I step on the gas. Idles great, shifts gears smoothly, just sound like a jet engine or a mack truck UNDER THE HOOD when you accelerate from a stop light. You guys have any thoughts on this?

The condition of the vehicle was mint, not one scratch, flawless exterior(no off roading?). Interior was as good as I could hope for on a 7 year old car I suppose, not as good as the outside but totally clean and in excellent working order. So I took a leap of faith and bought it, hoping that the car is as clean mechanically as it is cosmetically. Maybe the noise is an easy fix????

I purchased a 3 year full warranty with the car hopefully that will come in handy.
Any words of wisdom for a newbie?