Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 4000

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    *sigh*

And yet again, the same guy that walked into the bar and realised that it wasnt his type of establishment, found more grounds to fight the urge to just leave.

C'mon man, I am the guy throwing firecrackers to rouse people. I dont care for this thread either but it's just so damned fun getting a rise out of people. :P
    Well, I went back and re-re-read my original post. It was very calmly worded, so that even a casual reader would see the point. I had a few issues with your weak analogy, though, which I (again) calmly responded to. In fact, just for fun, let's dissect your comments:

"This guy is walking down the street. Not Main Street, where all the business is handled for specific, everyday needs, but Misc Street, where you see all sorts of other places of interests and non essential establishments."

Despite your rather feeble attempt to categorize it as such, this forum is NOT really 'Misc Street', is it? In fact, while there IS a "Chit Chat" forum for off-topic posts, this entire website really exists for Vehicross discussions...just like the CNN website has news discussions or the NPR site has NPR discussions or your pron sites have pron discussions. A cursory glance through the FAQ section, put together by the vehicross.info site administrator, shows the very first rule, and I quote ( http://vehicross.info/modules.php?na...category&cid=5), is: "This is a VehiCROSS dedicated website, all topics, comments and photos should be related to Isuzu, or the VehiCROSS."

So. Off-topic posts should be in the Chit Chat forum, as this thread is. But just because you CAN post an off-topic thread in a VX website doesn't mean that it's the BEST PLACE ON THE INTERWEBS for it. He said calmly. Sure, people can twist or ruin ANY resource, if they set their efforts towards that end. Doesn't mean it's an intelligent use of effort, though, does it?

Now, let us continue trudging down this analogic VX-specific street:

"He sees a neon sign that says "Nudie Bar: 4000 Naked Women Inside".

No, clearly he doesn't see that sign. In fact, he sees a very arbitrary sign that just says "4000", doesn't he? Look at the first few posts in the thread. Just question marks...no nudity whatsoever. Sort of a letdown, frankly.

"So, he walks in. He takes a very quick look around and sees the "stage show" and the patrons with their handfulls of dollar bills and alcoholic beverages."

No, he sees a few initial posts wondering where da VXs at. Then he notices that it's apparently some sort of deep-minded political debate. One that starts off relatively benign but then starts to pit friend against friend, with some needless name-calling thrown in. But...where da VXs at?!?

"The man screams out to the patrons "This is an outrage! There is a time and place for this, just not here, not now! I came here for a drink and to relax! How am I supposed to do that with all this sin and carnal activity going on!?"

This weakest part of your flimsy analogy really had me wondering. Who screamed, exactly? My post was calm, and full of smilies, and full of very obvious mentions of smilies. I don't see how anyone could miss those parts of my post. Who was outraged? Not me! I didn't sense much outrage anywhere, except for the aforementioned pockets of name-calling, right? So see, we all wanna be cool. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your *** down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.

"The patrons turn to look at him. Then, their gaze turns to the sign and the street name, then back to him again. Shrugging, they turn back to the show to participate in what they came for."

Still not quite hitting the mark, are you? I seem to recall a few 'patrons' responding to my post in a favorable manner. This IS after all a VX brotherhood. If you insist on trying to stir up a hornet's nest by throwing firecrackers into a nudie bar, that's your prerogative. I'm pretty sure that, like all threads, this one will soon die off, leaving the rest of the site to continue on as a repository for VX knowledge, hints and tips. (He said calmly.) No outrage here! No screaming! Just a bunch of little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on WormGod what's Fonzie like?

That's right; he's cool.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Take a shot at me....????...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Dont give me the opportunity to take at shot at you, like you just did at me......

DUDE!!!...I was simply returning YOUR random fire!
    YOU set the tone ( took the first "shot" ) by calling others fools.

As for "immaturity" and who directed what , at whom...

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Given the fact that my comment was not directed towards you I congratulate you on your immaturity. You have received a pm. Take care.

You invoked the "fools" ref , in an open post on an OPEN discussion board.

Please .....be good enough to a take as good as you give....!!!!

Ahh..religion & politics....always good for a REAL insight to others!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh I get it now. I had to re-read my post....

--"Wow we have a fool amongst us (or two). Speaking of the media brainwashed folks that take what the tv says versus researching for themselves. Threads like this should be banned."--

I guessed you considered yourself to be described in the above. It was not intended to be directed to you personally. I think we all know who. But considering you decided to respond solely directed to me says something about yourself. If you happen to reference the entire thread I would assume the tone was set elsewhere. As for first shot I think the refenced post of mine was on page three of this thread - if that says anything. There is another thread somewhere that junkie and I had a discussion so there is a slight history. Speaking of history junkie is known to do this. I think he gets a thrill out of stirring up stuff like this. So I will take the first step and not post again here, we can continue our own discussion through the current pm if desired. I wanted to clear up my name and give reason for my actions. I come here to discuss VX and get ticked when this pops up, that said justifies my actions. Plus being in pain from the car wreck adds to the frustration and allows me to get annoyed easily.

Take care.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

I can't believe y'all take the bait every time junkie dangles the "worm" of how things would be if HE ran the country/ world/ universe...why do you even care?
    The only thing that gives his opinion any validation is the fact that there are some still willing to regurgitate the same "facts" over & over...nothing ever changes.
    Whats the point?...As soon as you respond, he's won again.

If pointless politco blather & name calling on an automotive enthusiast website is your idea of a good time...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Dude...if you have a problem with "junkie"....

...please have the nads to post DIRECTLY to him.

Otherwise...

....if you post a NON SPECIFIC retort on an open thread,
    ..that in general paints all who dont see it your way as fools....

...dont get bent out of shape when YOUR OWN WORDS...

...come back ta bite ya!

You INVOKED the initial FOOL verbiage.

If that term offends you...dont use it on others.

jo

And please...enough of the PM's.

So....Rum and Diet...or FULL OCTANE COKE...?

Thats a real important question!

jo

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    So....Rum and Diet...or FULL OCTANE COKE...?

Thats a real important question!

jo
    Till I realized who you were quoting, I thought you were replying to me...

I'd say, ya only live once...go for the hi-test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I can't believe y'all take the bait every time junkie dangles the "worm" of how things would be if HE ran the country/ world/ universe...why do you even care?
    The only thing that gives his opinion any validation is the fact that there are some still willing to regurgitate the same "facts" over & over...nothing ever changes.
    Whats the point?...As soon as you respond, he's won again.

If pointless politco blather & name calling on an automotive enthusiast website is your idea of a good time...
    I think it is interesting how a guy with a skull on top of a japanese import has now decided he is the minister of information. We can talk about this but not about that. Some kid in Indiana who lives with his parents, and who may not be the world's best driver, thinks no one should have an opinion on how crappy his beloved G.O.P has messed things up. I believe he is of age to fight over there and put his *** where his mouth is (so to speak). But I am thinking it is much easier to rattle his saber from the safety of his bedroom.
    Point being, I am gonna say what I want, If you don't like it, don't comment. talk about greasing your windows or Moab or how yellow your proton is.Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you are a dumb ***, I will still like you, I will just privately think your a dumb ***. If you think this republican recession and sham war is something you take a certain amount of pride in then sorry, your not someone who I would personally consider an intellectual equal.

Thumbs up

Sooooo...right back to name calling, you're absolutely right, I'm not your intellectual equal.

Thanks for pointing that out.

FINALLY...we have a consensus of opinion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I'd say, ya only live once...go for the hi-test.

I agree...HI Test it IS!!!

Did the diet thing...blaaaaacyyyykkkk!...if I want cotton mouth...I'll roll one.

And lets face it... aint this cola debate the perfect analogy...

...EACH TO HIS OWN!

Cheers

jo

[QUOTE=PHO2GR4;122094]A cursory glance through the FAQ section, put together by the vehicross.info site administrator, shows the very first rule, and I quote ( http://vehicross.info/modules.php?na...category&cid=5), is: "This is a VehiCROSS dedicated website, all topics, comments and photos should be related to Isuzu, or the VehiCROSS."

So. Off-topic posts should be in the Chit Chat forum, as this thread is. But just because you CAN post an off-topic thread in a VX website doesn't mean that it's the BEST PLACE ON THE INTERWEBS for it. He said calmly. Sure, people can twist or ruin ANY resource, if they set their efforts towards that end. Doesn't mean it's an intelligent use of effort, though, does it?[QUOTE]

I "find it interesting" that you had no comment on this post...said the self proclaimed minister of information (a known douchebag, who is going to Moab).
    And if you haven't noticed, "greasing your windows, gong to Moab & how yellow your proton is", are all VX related topics.

[QUOTE=junkie]"Point being, I am gonna say what I want, If you don't like it, don't comment."[QUOTE]

WTF???, Am I correct in assuming that your opinion is the only one that matters?...nice.

"It's about time! Animal abuse is not funny. That has been bugging me since I first saw it."

Sorry Scott. My signature was an analogy to arguing a topic full circle & yet still continuing to argue (we do that a lot where I work). I'll come up with a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post
    Just a bunch of little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on WormGod what's Fonzie like?

That's right; he's cool.

Cool indeed!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT