Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
*sigh*

And yet again, the same guy that walked into the bar and realised that it wasnt his type of establishment, found more grounds to fight the urge to just leave.

C'mon man, I am the guy throwing firecrackers to rouse people. I dont care for this thread either but it's just so damned fun getting a rise out of people. :P
Well, I went back and re-re-read my original post. It was very calmly worded, so that even a casual reader would see the point. I had a few issues with your weak analogy, though, which I (again) calmly responded to. In fact, just for fun, let's dissect your comments:

"This guy is walking down the street. Not Main Street, where all the business is handled for specific, everyday needs, but Misc Street, where you see all sorts of other places of interests and non essential establishments."

Despite your rather feeble attempt to categorize it as such, this forum is NOT really 'Misc Street', is it? In fact, while there IS a "Chit Chat" forum for off-topic posts, this entire website really exists for Vehicross discussions...just like the CNN website has news discussions or the NPR site has NPR discussions or your pron sites have pron discussions. A cursory glance through the FAQ section, put together by the vehicross.info site administrator, shows the very first rule, and I quote ( http://vehicross.info/modules.php?na...category&cid=5), is: "This is a VehiCROSS dedicated website, all topics, comments and photos should be related to Isuzu, or the VehiCROSS."

So. Off-topic posts should be in the Chit Chat forum, as this thread is. But just because you CAN post an off-topic thread in a VX website doesn't mean that it's the BEST PLACE ON THE INTERWEBS for it. He said calmly. Sure, people can twist or ruin ANY resource, if they set their efforts towards that end. Doesn't mean it's an intelligent use of effort, though, does it?

Now, let us continue trudging down this analogic VX-specific street:

"He sees a neon sign that says "Nudie Bar: 4000 Naked Women Inside".

No, clearly he doesn't see that sign. In fact, he sees a very arbitrary sign that just says "4000", doesn't he? Look at the first few posts in the thread. Just question marks...no nudity whatsoever. Sort of a letdown, frankly.

"So, he walks in. He takes a very quick look around and sees the "stage show" and the patrons with their handfulls of dollar bills and alcoholic beverages."

No, he sees a few initial posts wondering where da VXs at. Then he notices that it's apparently some sort of deep-minded political debate. One that starts off relatively benign but then starts to pit friend against friend, with some needless name-calling thrown in. But...where da VXs at?!?

"The man screams out to the patrons "This is an outrage! There is a time and place for this, just not here, not now! I came here for a drink and to relax! How am I supposed to do that with all this sin and carnal activity going on!?"

This weakest part of your flimsy analogy really had me wondering. Who screamed, exactly? My post was calm, and full of smilies, and full of very obvious mentions of smilies. I don't see how anyone could miss those parts of my post. Who was outraged? Not me! I didn't sense much outrage anywhere, except for the aforementioned pockets of name-calling, right? So see, we all wanna be cool. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your *** down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.

"The patrons turn to look at him. Then, their gaze turns to the sign and the street name, then back to him again. Shrugging, they turn back to the show to participate in what they came for."

Still not quite hitting the mark, are you? I seem to recall a few 'patrons' responding to my post in a favorable manner. This IS after all a VX brotherhood. If you insist on trying to stir up a hornet's nest by throwing firecrackers into a nudie bar, that's your prerogative. I'm pretty sure that, like all threads, this one will soon die off, leaving the rest of the site to continue on as a repository for VX knowledge, hints and tips. (He said calmly.) No outrage here! No screaming! Just a bunch of little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on WormGod what's Fonzie like?

That's right; he's cool.