Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lift set up

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    My question would be while doing ball joint flip should we replace ball joints when they are around $240 for both upper and lower on both sides: http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autoha...t=Ball%20Joint
    OEM is hard to beat - sources like that sometimes use inferior metal in comparison so you may be taking a backward step by replacing the OEM's with junk.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I see your point Zeus, but I'll throw down a tidbit on this having replaced all my BJs with aftermarket. The ones I got are all made in Japan and appeared to be well finished quality products. I have beat them pretty hard and they show no signs of adverse wear or damage. The company who made mine is called Sankei Industry co. of Japan.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I have never seen this mentioned on here, but in order to do the ball joint flip you absolutely need:

22mm box wrench
    14mm box wrench
    14mm socket (+ ratchet)
    Penetrating Oil
    New Cotter Pins

Just didn't want anyone to get half way in and realize the closest to 22mm they had was 7/8ths" (and nearly strip the castle nut) and realize they had no cotter pins big enough to replace the rusted in place one that you might have to drill out..... Because that is exactly what happened to me. Oh and make sure to clean up the threads on the ball joint shaft and the castle nut, because if they do not screw back on freely by hand than you cannot put it all back together at all. Hope this helps someone eventually.