Thread: Back on the Board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A family I know here in Houston has a Mini Cooper S, white with the black top and sunroof and stick shift. It has a salvage title because it was stolem and wrecked totalled and put all back together to look like new. I drove it for about 2k miles around Houston, with no problems and it drives awesome. Because of the salvage title they were trying to get $12k for it I think. If I am remembering it had 30k miles on it. Thought I would throw it out there. I can't remember the year or exact miles or anything, and don't know if they still have it, but I will check next time I see them. I also saw a 2007 with low miles advertised here in Houston for $18k. i will try and find that article for you, they probably already sold it though, it was a steal!

VehiGAZ,

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing (buying a Mini Cooper S as a daily driver), and now I have a dilema on my hands. If I'm going to spend $13K-$15K on a Mini, why not try to find a low milage Proton or Foxfire and store that sucker away? A Mini would be a TON of fun, though, and get better gas milage, but having a second VX would be SWEET, but a Mini would be a blast, but a second VX.....you see where I'm going?

Mark
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Don't think I didn't think the same thing! I was considering selling my VX and finding another one (a Foxfire preferably) before winter, but the current prices are too low to bother.

Yeah I debated the same thing when I was driving the Mini Cooper S around town (buying the Mini Copper S) but I looked at my options and once I drove the RX-8 my decision was made for me. Smooth ride, 50%-50% weight distribution, awesome looks, 10K rpm, and 20+ mpg on the highway, nuff said, I was sold, but the VX is the daily driver, and the RX-8 is now the garage king.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    VehiGAZ,

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing (buying a Mini Cooper S as a daily driver), and now I have a dilema on my hands. If I'm going to spend $13K-$15K on a Mini, why not try to find a low milage Proton or Foxfire and store that sucker away? A Mini would be a TON of fun, though, and get better gas milage, but having a second VX would be SWEET, but a Mini would be a blast, but a second VX.....you see where I'm going?

Mark