Thread: Back ordered with Merlin

Back ordered with Merlin

I ordered a replacement tail light from Merlin & he told me it was back ordered. He indicated that if I give him the VIN it will speed up the process (puts you on a customer care list).

I only mention this to inform you to have your VIN handy when you call Merlin for parts. I didn't & now I have to call him back with the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for the heads up!

For those of you who don't know, when you call Merlin mention VX.info, he gives an additional discount and no shipping charges.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I ordered a replacement tail light from Merlin & he told me it was back ordered. He indicated that if I give him the VIN it will speed up the process (puts you on a customer care list).

I only mention this to inform you to have your VIN handy when you call Merlin for parts. I didn't & now I have to call him back with the info.
    LOL I ordered mine in december and got it sometime last month. SO much for 6 weeks lol. Good luck man. Glad I got it. Should have ordered 2 more just in case.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Merlin is the man. I just ordered 4 spare tire panel red knobs (I only needed 1) but with the 15% discount I got they were less than $2 ea and free shipping (cheap extra's) . The last serveral times I've ordered thru him he's mentioned I'm entitled to a 15% discount. I do think is has to do with the VX vin # from the past ordering, I've never thought about it I just say niiiiice and Thanks Merlin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Merlin is the man. I just ordered 4 spare tire panel red knobs (I only needed 1) but with the 15% discount I got they were less than $2 ea and free shipping (cheap extra's) . The last serveral times I've ordered thru him he's mentioned I'm entitled to a 15% discount. I do think is has to do with the VX vin # from the past ordering, I've never thought about it I just say niiiiice and Thanks Merlin...

Good luck with red I got grey. He should have told you he cant guarantee color. I said red he said they should be red so I guess lucky I ordered 4 instead of one..

LOL man I sound like I am raining on everyones parade. I will stop now.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Merlin or anyone for that matter can push you closer to the front of the line by including your vin # with the order. It's called something like an "off-road" preference. Meaning that you are unable to drive the truck on the road until the part is replaced.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Good luck with red I got grey. He should have told you he cant guarantee color. I said red he said they should be red so I guess lucky I ordered 4 instead of one..

LOL man I sound like I am raining on everyones parade. I will stop now.
    Dumke...That's the reason I ordered four...Merlin felt bad he couldn't promise they they would be red..so for a buck and change apiece I went with four due to if they came gray I would use all four and have 3 spare red's..

I think most of them are red anymore.. if you get some gray ones.. I will buy them off ya.

I'll even pick them up so you won't have to hassle with mailing.. there is a post in here somewhere about inserting 1/2 in dowl rods into them to keep them from breaking again
    Last edited by Solitude : 04/07/2008 at 05:16 PM Reason: added

Got my new tail light from Merlin yesterday. I didn't realize that it came with a new wiring harness for the assembly. Don't need it so let me know if anyone does (maybe for playing with an LED conversion or something).