Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: YAY for me and BOO formy luck.

YAY for me and BOO formy luck.

Well got my lift in the mail 2 days ago. Tires and rims are waiting for me to pick up as well. So you ask yourself why the wait, why no pictures??? Well I dont have my truck . I had to take it in the shop because I freaked when it shifted into third gear really hard. Happened on one occasion for about 30 minutes I stopped got back in 2 hrs later and nothing, and hasnt happaned since saturday... But while the mechanic is there I said need to fix a leak from the gobliny goo. I had thought the goo was comming from same place from where they replaced the water pump but OOO noo that would have been too cheap and simple becuase would have been under warranty. So apparently its comming from a plug on the side of the engine block which they have to basically take apart the whole truck. Well 1200+ dollars later (I am having them do other things not just that but that almost makes up for half of the price). Well I just spent a ton of money for my other crap and now I cant even put the stuff on. So for now tires sit at shop and lift in the garage.

Sorry I had to type this from other post I seemed like a party pooper guess its just my luck. SO n moab no one follow behind me or in front. I am going "SOLO" lol

Good news is I get my truck friday and get to working on putting mods on.

Also other good news is Tom I may get another free tool out of it lol.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

what did they say about your transmission? sounds like a transmission mode switch issue

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    what did they say about your transmission? sounds like a transmission mode switch issue
    Absolutley nothing. They cant replicate it. Said give it couple weeks and go from there. I will search on this topic and maybe bring it up to them.

OK i just did quick search and found this so let me answer a few things then will search on topic further

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...on+mode+switch

OK my lights didnt flicker and I turned it off a couple times to see if that helped on way to my next destination. When it shifted hard my lights didnt flicker at all. As for the tranny fluid and such I am going to give it two weeks (per my mechanic) see if it repeats same trouble so can find out a solution. Also in that time I will be getting fluid changed and filter which had fluid change about a yr ago and less than 30k miles.
    Last edited by Dumke : 04/02/2008 at 09:22 PM

trans service...?

Congrats on the lift and wheels Dumke. Sorry to hear about the klunk.

I've never looked into it but, we can service the tranny? Its not a lifetime transmission?
    And on that topic... What do I do being that I have no clue if mine has ever been serviced and I just rolled over 73,000 miles. Am I safe to do a full service and swap in synthetic?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Absolutley nothing. They cant replicate it. Said give it couple weeks and go from there. I will search on this topic and maybe bring it up to them.

OK i just did quick search and found this so let me answer a few things then will search on topic further

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...on+mode+switch

OK my lights didnt flicker and I turned it off a couple times to see if that helped on way to my next destination. When it shifted hard my lights didnt flicker at all. As for the tranny fluid and such I am going to give it two weeks (per my mechanic) see if it repeats same trouble so can find out a solution. Also in that time I will be getting fluid changed and filter which had fluid change about a yr ago and less than 30k miles.
    Just an FYI - Your lights dont have to flicker for it to be the mode switch. Mine did not flicker when I had the severe shifts. Only once do I remember when I started up the truck in the morning and shifted from park to drive did I notice the display lights were not in sync with my movement.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    Just an FYI - Your lights dont have to flicker for it to be the mode switch. Mine did not flicker when I had the severe shifts. Only once do I remember when I started up the truck in the morning and shifted from park to drive did I notice the display lights were not in sync with my movement.
    Awesome ty Anita. I will replace it just in case then when I get it truck back from shop.

Quote Originally Posted by So-CalVX View Post

I've never looked into it but, we can service the tranny? Its not a lifetime transmission?
    And on that topic... What do I do being that I have no clue if mine has ever been serviced and I just rolled over 73,000 miles. Am I safe to do a full service and swap in synthetic?
    Ty I am pretty excited as well. Will be more excited when I put it on. As for tranny yes it is servicable. many people on here do it often. I will let them chime in with specifics tho.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    The hard-shift thing can be a once-in-a-blue-moon issue. It's happened to me twice, and both times went away after restarting the car. Don't sweat it if they can't replicate the problem.

Check your Trans fluid. Mine was doing exactly that until I did a full tranny filter and fluid change. It has not happened since.

Regarding the coolant leak, I think I have the same leak. Its probably that plug Tone mentioned in a post a long while back. Keep us posted on how that works out.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by So-CalVX View Post

Yes, I have done my tranny twice now. You could take it to a trans shop and save yourself some labor and mess, but spend the money, or you can just do it yourself. Its kind of a pain in the boot, but it isn't that hard as long as you have the space, time and a helper. If you want more specifics, PM me and I will break it all down for you. Otherwise, yeah, at that mileage, I would say your tranny is suffering if you have never done a fluid/filter change.

Bart

Mine had the fluid and filter done rght before I bought it, and the previous owner said it smoothed out the shifting considerably. Maybe your trans was passing a clot so to speak.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Dude.....sorry to hear about the expensive news, but I'm happy about your lift and new tires. Did you get the biggest you could fit on them? Moab is just around the corner.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Dude.....sorry to hear about the expensive news, but I'm happy about your lift and new tires. Did you get the biggest you could fit on them? Moab is just around the corner.
    Peace.
    Tom
    Tbh I have no idea. I dont even know the number for tires. I think was 285 something. I know its sad if they dont fit I will either A) make them fit or B) Have them exchange them. I know the tire size will fit tho I read via search and I know I may have to take hammer and saw to some of it but that is ok. My only worry is it pertruding<sp> out from wheel weel were it sticks out too far but I really think I am safe with numbers I used for rim size and wheel combo. But time will only tell when I get the bad boys on this weekend.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Dood...sorry to hear about your funky shifting, but I'd start with a flush & filter change (go syn) before anything else.

As far as the tires sticking out past the cladding, it can easily be remedied with the use of rubber flares from JC Whitney.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dood...sorry to hear about your funky shifting, but I'd start with a flush & filter change (go syn) before anything else.

As far as the tires sticking out past the cladding, it can easily be remedied with the use of rubber flares from JC Whitney.
    Ya Dub I really like your set up and yes I will go thought route if needed.

Yup dont know how to do the whole tranny thing myself so bart pm comming your way.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Ya Dub I really like your set up and yes I will go thought route if needed.

Yup dont know how to do the whole tranny thing myself so bart pm comming your way.

From the "how to" section of this here site...don't forget to thank Joe Black.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=20

The rest is just removing the cross member & dropping the pan to access the filter.