Well - much to report...

First off, thanks for the link to the wonderful write-up MSHardeman!! My forum searches didn't find that one for some reason. :-( I found a different thread last night at home (and the planet Isuzu links), and after reading about needing a special, hard-to-find hub tool, retapping screw holes, repacking bearings, etc. just to get at the rotors, I decided that this was something better left to the dealer, especially since I didn't have a whole weekend anytime soon to spend on the project, so I returned the rotors & pads I bought from Autozone.

This morning, I called the dealer to find out how much they wanted for the job, and my head almost popped off...

$843.95 to replace front pads & rotors and repack bearings!!

HS!!! WTF?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!

Oh, and they weren't showing the rotors ($250 a piece!) in the distribution system, so they might need to be shipped from Japan, so it could take a month just to get all the parts (Isuzu is no longer restocking their part inventory in the US, but will provide them from Japan as needed). Welcome to our collective future, my friends...

Needless to say, I will not be taking it to the dealer for a brake job. I can get all the parts from Autozone for about $150. I guess I will find a weekend to devote to this to save the other $700 (or find a mechanic that will install the Autozone parts).