Ok, ive read most of the clunk catagorys but I dont think ive found any answers. I was having a clunking problem before when id make sharp turns. I shifted the transfer case to 4 low and pulled the E brake as hard as posible. I had someone get in my VX and told him to shift from foward to reverse. Holy crap, the front diff moved about 3 to 4 inches on the mounts, thats not rite at all. I pulled the front diff to check the mounts and they were fine, a buddy of mine told me to make some urathane shims because the mounts might be week from age, abuse and that fixed the problem. It worked well till about a month ago. Now when I lay on the brakes to make a stop then let off the brakes I feel and hear a major clunk and its not gear lash. It sounds like a major shift of a componant. I cant get it to act up on a lift either and I checked that all the bolts were tight. Im about to rebuild my transfer case bacause of leaking seals. Anyone think it could be that the chain in the transfercase has been over stretched or is there any other ideas. The truck runs strait and feels very tight and smooth considering the abuse ive put it through. It used to start shaking a little at 75 but after the shims were inplace it drives smooth as silk to 100 plus. I wish I would have done that before I drove crosscountry. Ive noticed alot of the same style mounts on alot of the moving suspension parts and im thinking of shimming them all.