Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Re-painting VX

Isuzu has a copper color.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Someone had the same idea awhile back about going copper.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/tyava03.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/tyava02.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/py02.PNG

It looks pretty good, and makes an already unique vehicle even more so.
    That would be Wyldweasel's VX. She is a member here on the board, though she hasn't ben to active here lately. If you do a search of her name you will find info about her paint job and what Isuzu color it is. It actually surprised me how nice it looked in person.

Okay, I saved you the time...here is the link!
    Last edited by Triathlete : 04/19/2008 at 09:32 AM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
    ya first i decided i was going to go with Ferrari Red then chagned my mind to Lamborghini Verde Ithaca i thought it would have looked really cool with all the leather inside instead of grey change it to green but then i saw this http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRejHPvu0C4
    and thought what would be the best car that already looks like a spaceship or a UFO?
    the VX!!! so i did some research and came up with a company called Alsa and i emailed them and got ahold of someone who has a paintshop that specializes in this kinda paint, so i talked to him and he knew what the VX was and he said that first they would have to paint the VX black perfect and thenapply the MirraChrome and than everything but the cladding it would be around 10000 dollars, its like two paint jobs, it would be like 2500 for the materials 3000 to paint them black and another 3000 for the chrome
    and they promised that it is like any other paintjob it will never fade and you can treat it and wash it like any other car.
    i saw Petos VX, the one with the khameleon painted cladding and the previous owner had tried painting the hood chrome and the back door and the side doors, he probably saw how it didnt workout and left the otherparts astarl silver, but Petos told me that after he washed his this black spots would appear, so i dont know but whenevr i come with 10 000 i will do it!

How sweet would a chrome VX be!?!?

If I ever did it, I'd most definitely have to get a personalized plate that said "CYLONE"

Talking Repainting the UFO

Well monday the insurance adjuster will be at the body shop during the day to have a eye on the VX.

Even when i was giving details there was a VX moment with the adjuster asking me the brand & the model I said : ISUZU Vehicross

She said : Isuzu V what ? it's a some kind of code or what ? I never heard about such model.

Then she ask me : Will be the vehicule at the shop moday ?
    I said : oh yeap ! it will be there

She follow : It's easy find it at the shop ?
    I said : Oh yeah as soon you show up you will know

She keeps going on : How it looks ?

I told her : totally diferent from any other :bgwp: I assure you that

She : alright have a nice day sir !

Talking VX will be deliver this weekend

Yes guys,another VX is hitting the streets back,looking brand new

The sad thing about this,i had to painting it the same color after all

Yeah,the bank didn't want me to paint the truck but the same color so that's it,will be posting pics as soon i got a chance

Take care guys,have a nice week !

What’s the bank going to do if you change the color.
    It’s always better to asked for forgiveness then permission. The only bad thing is if you do that at work it usually gets you promoted.

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Thumbs down VX re-painting

Yes i know that'll be the question,but i really cannot figured out why the bank didn't want to fax me a copy of the title to updated the info on records at the DMV.

In order to paint the vehicule another color i had to go at the DMV office & report the change of color of the VX,since the VX were financed they're the "LIEN HOLDER" so copy of the title is needed to have this done.

Interesting, I have never reported color change with the DMV, and I have repainted nearly every car I have ever had to a totally different color, heh. Never even thought about that, hmmmmm.....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

VX re-painting

Well,i believe that those kind of regulations varies from state to state i guess but this one is a must here in NYS.

The body shop manager told that many people step by to ask questions about the VX,if is on sale,where they can find one,etc you know the regular VX moments.
    There was one guy who owns one with a blowed engine,he left a message for me with the guy who's paiting the VX asking if there's any one i have aknowleged about that is selling any,i told the guy that whenever he shows up tell him that the isuzu axiom 2004 actually has the same engine so i understood... I'm right with this ? If no then my best move is to address him to our board if he doesn't have aknowlegde so he can find much info with us.

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Opaque Vehicross in Russia

Vodka... Connecting people