Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re-painting VX

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Someone had the same idea awhile back about going copper.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/tyava03.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/tyava02.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/py02.PNG

It looks pretty good, and makes an already unique vehicle even more so.
    This copper/orange VX is my favorite repaint, hands down. Plus, it's an official Isuzu color (used on the Amigo and maybe on the Rodeo).

I have sort of decided on flat OD green. But I will wait until most of my exterior mods are done to completely decide.

ex-owner '99 ebony...looking for a dragon green.
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    ...Metropolitain Grey! It's like a mix between metallic black and gunmetal grey...
    I'm also a big fan of the darker grey colors. They look especially nice when customized w/ an extra scoop of the metallic flake. The agressive use of flake really makes the paint 'POP'. I'd probably also powder coat the wheels black. Bling...Bling

You could paint everything top to bottom (cladding, hood, mirrors) but then you would need to put a RAV4 badge on the back.

I still swear I am gonna go Chevy Orange one day.

Hell, maybe I'll even dive in for black racing stripes, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I am really digging the RED and never thought it about it untill this thread. RED with some Gold or Bronze wheels.......

ya first i decided i was going to go with Ferrari Red then chagned my mind to Lamborghini Verde Ithaca i thought it would have looked really cool with all the leather inside instead of grey change it to green but then i saw this http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRejHPvu0C4
    and thought what would be the best car that already looks like a spaceship or a UFO?
    the VX!!! so i did some research and came up with a company called Alsa and i emailed them and got ahold of someone who has a paintshop that specializes in this kinda paint, so i talked to him and he knew what the VX was and he said that first they would have to paint the VX black perfect and thenapply the MirraChrome and than everything but the cladding it would be around 10000 dollars, its like two paint jobs, it would be like 2500 for the materials 3000 to paint them black and another 3000 for the chrome
    and they promised that it is like any other paintjob it will never fade and you can treat it and wash it like any other car.
    i saw Petos VX, the one with the khameleon painted cladding and the previous owner had tried painting the hood chrome and the back door and the side doors, he probably saw how it didnt workout and left the otherparts astarl silver, but Petos told me that after he washed his this black spots would appear, so i dont know but whenevr i come with 10 000 i will do it!
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

How is that color allowed on the streets it would reflect so much light....

i know but did some research and it is legal, nobody can tel you what color you can or cant paint your car i mean im sure youll get pulled over a lot but nothing illegal, that company even has glow in the dark paint lol, check it out http://www.alsacorp.com/alsa_2008_paint_catalog.html
    they got all the crazy colors and types of paint there is, i think they were the ones who chromed 50 cent's Murcielago

That is a different one from fitty's. His is a roadster. I mean different from the one in the video.

ya i know the one in the video is a Gallardo the one fitty has is a Murcielago

What an awesome source you found. I like the idea of painting my rims white with their goods. Man crazy paint schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by MashyMan View Post
    You could paint everything top to bottom (cladding, hood, mirrors) but then you would need to put a RAV4 badge on the back.
    I have never understood this statement. If you think it looks like a RAV4 painted or not just get rid of it! If however you understand and see the uniquness no matter what is or is not painted welcome to the club. A RAV4 has no hope of looking as good as the worst maintained worst painted VX ever. Most people see non-painted trim as a short cut by manufactures to cut costs, painting the cladding does not make the VX look like a RAV4, just look at the guys that have done it, it is definitely still a VX, some like it better some do not. Come on.

Talking

Just my opinion, i like the VX with the cladding flat black how it is, or painted to look like the original cladding color. I think the cladding flat black/gray, depends how good your cladding looks. I think having it flat black makes it look like an offroad rally or rugged vehical, and painted just makes it blend in just like the rest, and no i don't mean it's no longer a VX, it will always stick out no matter what, but makes it blend in, in the fact that almost all SUV's or now adays "CrossOvers" all or for show and for urban offroading. you put those newer cars out on the dirt you are gonna have to throw a clean red carpet infront of it so you don't get it dirty and /or scratch it. There is only a few new SUV's out there that are made for offroad, i think a cladding painted VX looks like a show car. But again thats My openion about it, don't get angry . So what we really have now is one of the few true newer offroad SUV's left out there, Our VX's just Barley made it before the "CrossOver" era began.

And about the Paint Job, I would go for Chevy Red, I'm not in to completly red vehicals, but the VX really looks good red, but if you do choose a color, try to go diffrent, cuz we already have grays, blacks, silvers, whites, so on. So i think Red or copper, OJ, those colors would make your Ride stick out way better. What i have been thinking about is eather a Honda civic si Blue like the one from 1999-2001 or Bright Huck green, kinda like the Mitsubishi eclypes from "The Fast and the Fureuse".

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    I have never understood this statement. If you think it looks like a RAV4 painted or not just get rid of it! If however you understand and see the uniquness no matter what is or is not painted welcome to the club. A RAV4 has no hope of looking as good as the worst maintained worst painted VX ever. Most people see non-painted trim as a short cut by manufactures to cut costs, painting the cladding does not make the VX look like a RAV4, just look at the guys that have done it, it is definitely still a VX, some like it better some do not. Come on.
    Last edited by CoastieCosta567 : 04/17/2008 at 04:36 PM

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Re-painting VX

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    Just my opinion, i like the VX with the cladding flat black how it is, or painted to look like the original cladding color. I think the cladding flat black/gray, depends how good your cladding looks. I think having it flat black makes it look like an offroad rally or rugged vehical, and painted just makes it blend in just like the rest, and no i don't mean it's no longer a VX, it will always stick out no matter what, but makes it blend in, in the fact that almost all SUV's or now adays "CrossOvers" all or for show and for urban offroading. you put those newer cars out on the dirt you are gonna have to throw a clean red carpet infront of it so you don't get it dirty and /or scratch it. There is only a few new SUV's out there that are made for offroad, i think a cladding painted VX looks like a show car. But again thats My openion about it, don't get angry . So what we really have now is one of the few true newer offroad SUV's left out there, Our VX's just Barley made it before the "CrossOver" era began.

And about the Paint Job, I would go for Chevy Red, I'm not in to completly red vehicals, but the VX really looks good red, but if you do choose a color, try to go diffrent, cuz we already have grays, blacks, silvers, whites, so on. So i think Red or copper, OJ, those colors would make your Ride stick out way better. What i have been thinking about is eather a Honda civic si Blue like the one from 1999-2001 or Bright Huck green, kinda like the Mitsubishi eclypes from "The Fast and the Fureuse".
    YEs,you right though.I want the VX stands out in the crowd,I went today to the body shop & talk with the manager,he give the VX a look around & say :

Wow ! autum copper color on this SUV will be really sweet & repainting the hood insert in black.The problem is that the paint code hasn't being release to the public by infiniti who design & owns this color,so i have to ask any one who drive one of those FX 35 with this color to find out the code at the door pillar.

If you guys have any friend,co-workers or relatives that drives one please ask them for the paint code (AUTUNM COPPER )

Re-painting VX

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post

YEs,you right though.I want the VX stands out in the crowd,I went today to the body shop & talk with the manager,he give the VX a look around & say :

Wow ! autum copper color on this SUV will be really sweet & repainting the hood insert in black.The problem is that the paint code hasn't being release to the public by infiniti who design & owns this color,so i have to ask any one who drive one of those FX 35 with this color to find out the code at the door pillar.

If you guys have any friend,co-workers or relatives that drives one please ask them for the paint code (AUTUNM COPPER )