Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mission to Mars

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    LOL, go rent "The New Barbarians" if you can find it. You will get a good laugh outta that flick.

Bart
    Speaking of sci-fi of the most godawful variety...

Does anybody remember a space adventure starring John Boy Walton? (Richard Thomas)
    IIRC, his ship was this bizarre shaped thing that looked vaguely like moose antlers gone horribly wrong...the ships computer was named "Nell".

Just completely AWFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    I thought the story was very relavant and socialy aware. It was made at the start of the tree hugger revoloution
    I could have done without the Joan Biaez songs, however....
    James
    James, you just pegged it. There is the headache I was talking about. The idea behind the story was actually really cool, but the music! Ohhhhh the agony!!! And the movie just drags and drags and drags. I prefer Bruce Dern in The Burbs.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    The end all be all of all scifi movies had the perfect balance of action and suspense and it can be summed up with one line “LETS ROCK!!!”
    Dude, James Cameron's Aliens is #2 on my list! James Cameron has a knack for creating scenes that are SOOOOO intense. I just love him for that. The opening scene in Aliens when Ripley has the nightmare about the chest burster is freakin amazing. The way its shot, the sound effects and audio. WOW! What a scene. I feel the same way about the scene in T2 when Sarah Conner first runs up on Arnold in the mental hospital. That slow motion intensity and fear in her face as she slides to the floor is just perfect. And who can forget the scene in The Abyss when Bud and Lindsey have to swim for their lives. The Abyss isn't my favorite Cameron movie, but that scene sticks in my mind as some great directing, and one of the most intense moments in sci-fi history.

I need to watch Alien and Aliens again. Its been a while.

Bart

I love James Cameron movies too. They are very entertaining and have a good story. His movies keep you in suspense all the way through to the end.
    Has any one seen Team America? Derka, Derka, Derka.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I love James Cameron movies too. They are very entertaining and have a good story. His movies keep you in suspense all the way through to the end.
    Has any one seen Team America? Derka, Derka, Derka.
    I always use the teem America secret signal when I’m having trouble.
    If you want to see some amassing SciFi there’s nothing better then Dark Season and Space Academy, I can’t wait for the DVD box sets.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

There’s a new British Sci-Fi comedy called Hyperdrive that I really like. It has some of the (Shaun of the dead) people in it.

I have to agree on blade runner and the alien and aliens movies. I love the abyss as well.

THe BluRay/HD DVD version of Blade runner pushed it to my number one movie of all time. It's simply a religious experience seeing it in HD.

I'm waiting on them to do the same with the alien franchise now.
    macintosh man

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    I have to agree on blade runner and the alien and aliens movies. I love the abyss as well.

THe BluRay/HD DVD version of Blade runner pushed it to my number one movie of all time. It's simply a religious experience seeing it in HD.

I'm waiting on them to do the same with the alien franchise now.
    HA! That's funny. I said the same thing about the watching Blade Runner. I just finished 3 different versions in Blu-Ray and it is simply amazing. You can see how I feel about it here: http://nfpgasmask.livejournal.com/42112.html

I have the Aliens Quadrilogy, but I will probably upgrade that collection to Blu-Ray if I have to.

Bart