Thread: Those Crazy Russians are having too much fun!

Those Crazy Russians are having too much fun!

Last edited by kodiak : 04/19/2008 at 02:33 AM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

I love the music! Looks like they were having a blast.

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

Just gotta love a girl in a baby blue tobaggan driving a foxfire, and wiping out the compitition.....she shur knows how to drive, although i was worried a little in vid 5....going downhill sideways isnt always good.
    great vids!!! looks like a ton of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX View Post
    Just gotta love a girl in a baby blue tobaggan driving a foxfire, and wiping out the compitition.....she shur knows how to drive, although i was worried a little in vid 5....going downhill sideways isnt always good.
    great vids!!! looks like a ton of fun!
    She was driving ebony black And she won overall competition of 3 races (two in first place and one in the second).

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_asa View Post
    She was driving ebony black And she won overall competition of 3 races (two in first place and one in the second).
    I love these videos... but I wish I knew what was going on! Can you tell us what we're seeing? Are these timed races?

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    I love these videos... but I wish I knew what was going on! Can you tell us what we're seeing? Are these timed races?
    Your guess is as good as mine, I just stumbled over them while I was goofing off on the net. I’m in between projects right now so I’ve had a lot of free time. Can you tell?
    Last edited by kodiak : 04/20/2008 at 05:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Yes, it is Jeep Sprint competition organized by Moscow Club 4x4 an year ago. There was 3 stages and one more video is from trace preparation.

The general rules of Jeep Sprint was: two cars competes to each other, one starting from the beginning and another from mid of the lap and doing the full lap. So whoes the first stopped on the mark he was started from, he won. The lap is marked with a landmark and stripe, if driver hit the landmark he's disqualified from the race, so you should drive fast but with the good accuracy. The won car going to the next stage until just a winner left.
    Last edited by uncle_asa : 04/20/2008 at 08:16 PM

Talking

Those little cars trying to make it up the hill in first video were hilarious. I guess big tires and an small engine don't really mix well with snowy hills.:bwgr:
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

And nowhere in there did I see my mail order bride damnit. Damn it all to hell!

It was painful watching those vids.... just when I was getting over the winter blues, I am staring at all that snow. Traumatized!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

i thought it might be an ebony, but in some of the shots, i guess it had that dark maroon look, maybe its just me.
    still the same though, love a woman who can drive.....
    thanks asa

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    And nowhere in there did I see my mail order bride damnit. Damn it all to hell!

It was painful watching those vids.... just when I was getting over the winter blues, I am staring at all that snow. Traumatized!
    I wouldn’t bother shes probable a Russian mafia princes.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_asa View Post
    Yes, it is Jeep Sprint competition organized by Moscow Club 4x4 an year ago. There was 3 stages and one more video is from trace preparation.

The general rules of Jeep Sprint was: two cars competes to each other, one starting from the beginning and another from mid of the lap and doing the full lap. So whoes the first stopped on the mark he was started from, he won. The lap is marked with a landmark and stripe, if driver hit the landmark he's disqualified from the race, so you should drive fast but with the good accuracy. The won car going to the next stage until just a winner left.
    Thank you for the explanation!