I'll have to look back through my JDM catalogs, but I think the first year they were offered in 5 colors (silver, black, blue, dark green and dark red - note these colors are different from the US exept for the ebony and silver which looks similar to astral silver - the reds and greens are both lighter than firefox or dragon), and they expanded the second year (first year - 1997 - catalog is 20 pages with three double-page fold-outs, I don't have the other regular production catalog but do have the 175 limited catalog - it's 6 pages). There was a website that showed the later catalog with more color options but I can't find it now.

The 175 limited were offered in any of 25 colors - you basically picked the color when you ordered it so they painted them to order. Each had a numbered plate so every one is one-of-a-kind. They came with wheels similar to the US version of the VX and a leather interior also like the US version - the earlier production interiors were cloth with light patterning. I'll have to find the 175 catalog for more details. I always liked the fly-green and mettalic orange colors - the 175 ltd version of proton yellow also has a bit more orange in it.

-- John