Thread: LittleBeast becomes BigBeast, lift, rims, tires, and more. Pics, PICS, and more PICS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    whats the purpose of the different bumpstops? is it for more articulation into the fender?
    Yeah just like LDub said, on the rear the larger Bumpstop helps prevent tire rub from the larger tires and wider offset upon up travel of the wheels, and on the front the lower profile bumpstops increase the amount of down travel. Bumpstops on the rear make contact on up travel, bumpstops on front make contact on down travel.

Ryan,

Awesome job! That thing looks mean! And the last picture (on the grass) has to make the 2009 calendar for sure! Hope to see the Big Beast in person soon!
    Daniel

GOOD JOB..she looks great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Lookin good. Glad to see you didnt go all wagon-wheel with some 22" dubs an' **** yo!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

NICE ....LOVE THE LOOK, HOWS THE TIRE NOISE???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Yes, inquiring minds want to know... How loud?
    That is probably the best combination of height and meat I've seen yet.
    GREAT JOB!
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    NICE ....LOVE THE LOOK, HOWS THE TIRE NOISE???
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet75 View Post
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know... How loud?
    Thanks I am glad you like the look. I really like having to actually step up in the VX now The road noise is definitely louder than the Terra Grapplers, but I have the PV1 muffler and you cannot hear the tires over the muffler unless you are really listening for it. And when I get off the gas it is just a nice whine, not too loud, noticeable but not bad. I have ridden in a few trucks with Mud tires and I have to say these are the quietest I have heard. Even when driving next to Jeeps and other trucks I can still hear their tires over mine with the windows down, but when it is just me I can hear it, but it is definitely bearable for everyday driving. I drove it to Huntsville and back twice now (2 and a half hours round trip) and I had a guy on a motorcycle speed up just in front of me and then turn his upper body completely around and stare at the VX while going 65+ and then giving me a big thumbs up and then he exited. While at a gas station normally people used to ask me about the VX, but the other day after the tires and rims and lift and all, two guys in different cars started a conversation with each other about the VX. One guys was like wow what is that I have never seen one of those, then the other guy says yeah I don't think they even make those anymore...... I was standing right there, they didn't even look at me they were just staring at the VX! I had a kid almost fall off of his bicycle staring at me and then in a nice upscale neighborhood, a dad stopped in mid throw playing with his son in the front yard with a Frisbee to stop and stare, and he yelled something at his other neighbor who was outside. It is hilarious; this has just multiplied the stares and comments! Definitely worth a little tire whine to me. Oh and the tire whine is definitely not as bad as my Dad's old Toyota truck was. If you have a PV1 and can handle the noise at 65 then the tires will be right there in the same ballpark. Sometimes I just get up to speed and let off the gas because I think it actually sounds pretty sweet!