Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My first accident ever....and it was in the VX : (

oh hells no! if that would have been me i would have kicked some you know what! omg when someone scratched my door i was ready to kill someone! i feel really bad for you basically crashing my VX is one of the worst things that could happen! if it was the other guy's fault i would have run after them and beat him up lol
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow thats really too bad billy....you could be cool like me and sport the VX a little dinged up....thats what i do because i dont have time or money for fixing the damages....

well the good news is that because your lifted you only hit your cladding and radiator and not like...hood, headlight, fender, cladding, bumper (thats what i got from a yukon in a parking lot).....
    cant wait to see ya in moab

Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
    if it was the other guy's fault i would have run after them and beat him up lol
    Well I hit him so sort of my fault...even if he did slam his breaks on! Would have chased but the legs were tired from the 12 mile run and swim workout I had just finished (thats where I was coming from).
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    well the good news is that because your lifted you only hit your cladding and radiator and not like...hood, headlight, fender, cladding, bumper (thats what i got from a yukon in a parking lot).....
    cant wait to see ya in moab

But if it would have taken out the headlights I could have gotten some brand spanking shiney new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    But if it would have taken out the headlights I could have gotten some brand spanking shiney new ones!
    Its called a wrench or hardest thing in your vx... Woops they both went out
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Sorry to hear about your acK! adent Billy.. will keep my fingers crossed for ya

Glad you are ok... Hope to see you in Moab.

Talk about crappy timing

That's aweful... I hate hearing that a VX has been in an accident. I am glad you are OK, and hope to see you in Moab (with or without a pretty VX). Hope the repairs go fast! Again, glad you are OK. That is the most important thing after all.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I hope its not long either, I know the accident I was in they said 4 days no problem, then started ripping apart and THAN discovered parts were hard to find, 5 wks later I get my truck back. The other guys insurance I am sure was not happy with pathfinder rental and $6500 in damage.......and my damage did not look as bad as yours.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

NNNNNOOOOOOOO.....

Billy, I am SO sorry to hear this. The VX doesn't look TOO bad from the pictures so hopefully the shop will have her up and running in no time.

If worse comes to worse you could....GULP....rent a jeep in Moab.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Its called a wrench or hardest thing in your vx... Woops they both went out
    Too late for that - his pics of the VX immediately after the accident have been posted in a public forum. But you really did luck out that the guy took off, Tri.

Everyone please take note - the one who does the rear-ending is at fault, regardless of the actions of the guy who got rear-ended. From the perspective of the law (and insurance), if you hit someone from behind, you were following too close by definition (meaning that since you hit the guy in front of you, you clearly were following too close or not driving safely enough to avoid him and whatever antics he pulls).

Tri, I'm not trying to bust your stones for getting into this accident - I'm VERY happy for you that it worked out for you and your VX!!

Instead, consider this is a public service announcement. I've heard soooo many people over the years complain of getting cited for being at fault in this situation. Everyone who drives should know how the law and insurance companies view the situation.

Dude, that is horribly bad timing. But, glad you are ok. Gitterdun before Moab, whatever it takes, bro!

Talk about bad timing, my wheel lock key somehow disappeared from the garage on Monday after I lifted. I tore the garage apart yesterday trying to find it, and all I can figure is that when I tightened it down after the lift, I pulled off my wrench and the key stayed on the locking nut, and didn't notice it. And then I drove away and it went bye bye. Anyway, I called McGard and they are FEDEXing me a new key for tomorrow. I get new meat on Saturday so I hope it arrives and is the right key!

Bart

Billy,

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope it all works out OK for you. It coulda been worse tho - you coulda been sammiched. That's how I lost Wifey's Amigo several years back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Everyone please take note - the one who does the rear-ending is at fault, regardless of the actions of the guy who got rear-ended. From the perspective of the law (and insurance), if you hit someone from behind, you were following too close by definition (meaning that since you hit the guy in front of you, you clearly were following too close or not driving safely enough to avoid him and whatever antics he pulls).
    State laws vary a little on this but in most states, the above statement is correct. I used to be an insurance adjuster....but I'm feeling much better now!

ex-owner '99 ebony...looking for a dragon green.
    Ouch! That sux Billy,
    Glad you're ok.
    I have to say though, it's quite impressive to go that many years sans accident. I had the same sort of situation 6 yrs ago in an old Caddy (not my '64 luckily)