Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My first accident ever....and it was in the VX : (

Quote Originally Posted by JRSOBX View Post
    State laws vary a little on this but in most states, the above statement is correct. I used to be an insurance adjuster....but I'm feeling much better now!
    Linda ran into a kid a couple of years ago. He had a warrant out and wanted to leave before UHP got there. She had called me and I showed up to pull the bumper away from the tire so it didn't have to be towed. I talked the kid into sticking around. After Linda got her ticket the officer let her go but kept the kid. A month later we got a letter from the state asking if we wanted to collect damages from the kid. In Utah if you don't have insurance and you are hit you are responsible. Go figure. We decided since everything had been taken care of we did not to follow through, Hard to get blood out of a turnip. And he was not allowed to collect from our insurance even though Linda was at fault. It is a felony to leave an accident here. I don’t know about ARZ.
    Todd

man i sorry to hear about this bro, at least your ok, and hope your VX will re back in shape in no time. i have to say, that one of my fears and no joking, is getting an accendent with my VX or totaling it.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Late seeing this. Dude.... do me a favor and back off! "I" am the only one allowed to wreck up VXs, hahaha.

Good luck on the speedy VX recovery.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Wow Billy! I am so sorry. I hope I don't ever find out what I would do in this situation... because it would probably not be good... I am glad to hear you are alright at least physically. And we are all here for the emotional part.

~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Well the news today does not look good for Moab. $5700 worth of damage. New radiator, condensor, grill (tabs broken), front cladding, new front skid plate (for some reason mine was bent ) and a few other do-dads. Estimated date of return....2-20-08 The shop guys are aware of my trip and are going to do their best to move that up. They are going to call me again and let me know about the availability of the parts. If they can get them quicker it will speed things up. They assured me that he has his "best man" on the job to help speed things up and because he knows how rare the VX is! Hopefully I will know by the end of the week a better time frame.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Well the news today does not look good for Moab. $5700 worth of damage. New radiator, condensor, grill (tabs broken), front cladding, new front skid plate (for some reason mine was bent ) and a few other do-dads. Estimated date of return....2-20-08 The shop guys are aware of my trip and are going to do their best to move that up. They are going to call me again and let me know about the availability of the parts. If they can get them quicker it will speed things up. They assured me that he has his "best man" on the job to help speed things up and because he knows how rare the VX is! Hopefully I will know by the end of the week a better time frame.
    billy, sucks about the accident sucks even more about the wait.. pretty cool that they are getting you your VX back 2 months ago though hope they were wrong and have it back to you next week!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

BILLY!

THAT SUCKS!

I really hope they can pull it together for you by Moab!

Bart

Ooops....typo! Just turn that 2 over and make it a 5

The shop boss is also saving me all the big "damaged" part...skid, cladding, grill!

Billy,
    That's a lot of damage. I hope they can work a miracle for you. I'd hate to see you miss ZuZu again.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Billy,
    That's a lot of damage. I hope they can work a miracle for you. I'd hate to see you miss ZuZu again.
    Peace.
    Tom

Not nearly as much i will hate to have to miss another one! I am crossing my fingers...

...but not holding my breath!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Good luck Billy!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow billy, thats horrible.....

you could always just do the radiator so it ran well and drive with no bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Not nearly as much i will hate to have to miss another one! I am crossing my fingers...

...but not holding my breath!
    Just get a rental, drive out to Moab, and ride shotgun with all of us!!! You could play musical VX's when we come up to obstacles and ride in more VX's in one week than you ever thought possible!!! What do ya say???

Won't be making the trip without the VX...don't think I could stay sane not driving.
    The good news that will come from this is the next accident will be much better protected. The money saved will go towards some new armor in the form of front and rear rock bumpers and rock sliders. I will be contacting the guys at Stric9 and seeing what we can come up with. I will make sure that they make templates of the bumpers in case anyone else is interested (be aware they will require a LOT of front cladding trimming).

Unhappy

Just heard about your misfortune...That Sucks! Hope they are wrong and you get your wheels back in time for Moab.
    Was looking forward to seeing you pulverize the rocks ahead of me so I could tread lightly & count on your spotting skills!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 05/02/2008 at 11:08 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?