I am getting things together in my VX for the system. I was told that the VX has 5¼" speakers in front and rear locations. Well, I don't know what the deal is, but my MB Quart 5¼" speakers are just a little bigger than the stockers... in all directions. OK, so I expected the motor structure of the stockers to be small, but figured that they would at least be the same size diameter cone as my Quart's. Not the case. I ended up putting a spacer in between the speaker bracket and the speaker just to get the magnet to clear but now I have another problem... the speaker holds the side panels out. Not too pretty... but I will deal with that.

I am now going to dive into my doors. I want to install a pair of JL Audio 6" components up there... since I have them on hand... no cost... but will they fit? If the fronts are the same as the rears, I'm not thinking so. I don't know what kind of space I have to deal with. My JL's are relatively small motor structure.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone had any input on the speakers. Will my JL's fit up front? I don't want to modify my doors... at least not on the outside. I want it to look stock in these areas.... even though I will have monitors galore... along with a full fledge computer. Anywho... lemme know what ya think.

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!