Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye C.O.D.: Hello GTA#4!!!!!

Thumbs up Goodbye C.O.D.: Hello GTA#4!!!!!

Maybe the Greatest game I've ever played. Stayed up till 3:30 last nite (I'm normally out before ten) I'll be online here in a minute. Wait'll you see this one! Stole a boat, stole a chopper and sunk it in the harbour....met a hooker....shotgun blast to her chest! What fun! Run, don't walk, to the store and buy this f%#$@*& game. Buddhists, christian types, and parents of small children beware...like the last three, it's colorful.

I just bought it last night. Played for about 20 minutes. So far, the cars seem much different. The handling is way loose and allovertheplace. Maybe I will get used to it, but the lack of realistic gravity seems a little annoying so far, but again, maybe I just need to get used to it. The graphics look good and the audio is superb as well...more soon.

Bart

just got home from work with it in hand.. will post opinions when /if i stop playing

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

So I guess we can all play GTA4 online together as well. I need to get my wiring at the new house straight so I can battle you guys over the net.

Bart

highly entertaining.. i see what u mean about the physics bart.. the severe lack of brakes on the cars is making me crazy

Well I have 360 version so we all cant play ..... As for cars they get better. There is one that looks like a Ferrari handles awesome. Online play is super cool to. Actually havent played much of single player yet.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

im on 360 too

ps3 all the way over here. i play COD4 like 3-4 hours a day, maybe more if i'm really not doing anything and getting GTA4 tomorrow. so yeah we all need to play online. Oh by the way, who here is slow4x4 and fast4x4, cuz i have those two on my buddylist but i don't know who there are, is you identify your self here then i'll play with you, cuz i have been shy cuz i haven't really known who you are. , sorry. my name on my PS3 is Tuanis and my clan tag on COD4 is [POON] so it shows on the scrren with the tag as [POON]Tuanis

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

This is a chart I give my friends it helps them figure out what system to by.
    Last edited by kodiak : 05/01/2008 at 04:03 AM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Nice chart, I am no longer confused now.

Apperently Bas Rutten has a radio show in the game, for those of you how know who he is.

I put in about 1.5 hours last night. I have to say, I am STRUGGLING to like the new GTA. The camera, controls and physics are downright TERRIBLE so far. So annoying I couldn't keep playing, sleeping quickly became a better option. Maybe I will get used to it, I dunno. Also, so far, the game play just seems like more of the same. So far, nothing "new" to GTA has happened.

I really hope they put a realistic gravity hack out soon, because the fact that you can be driving one of those Hummer looking trucks, hit a small obstacle on the ground, and go flying up and twisting all around is pretty stupid and annoying. Also, I find the hand to hand fighting a little frustrating. The camera sucks. The game needs auto chase cam or something. The same goes for driving. Really the only view that works, is the first person (over the hood) view. Otherwise, you can't effectively see what is in front of you while you drive. This was not a problem in previous versions of GTA. Before, the chase cam was up a little higher when in a 3rd person view while driving. You could always see what is coming in front of you.

I really don't understand why they keep changing the controls in GTA when the functions are all the same.

Worm, can you shed some light on a real game designers thought process here? ARGGGGG!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    This is a chart I give my friends it helps them figure out what system to by.
    That's awesome, and I totally agree. I haven't been a console fan since Super Nintendo. I find 90% of console games either completely suck, or have no long term playability. Not to mention the fact that a $600 game console is just that. Add $600 to a PC and you can make it rock.

LONG LIVE COUNTER-STRIKE!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    That's awesome, and I totally agree. I haven't been a console fan since Super Nintendo. I find 90% of console games either completely suck, or have no long term playability. Not to mention the fact that a $600 game console is just that. Add $600 to a PC and you can make it rock.

LONG LIVE COUNTER-STRIKE!

Bart

CS heck ya.... I am a fan of battlefield as well on pc but havent gotten new one.

LMFAo Kodiak that is awesome. I am a game freak dotn have cash to get all three yet which is what I usually do. But been moding truck instead soo....

and etlsport my screen name is dumke send me and invite when you get on or around to it. Bro, phxsunfan (on boards) and myself play together. Played last two nights.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Apperently Bas Rutten has a radio show in the game, for those of you how know who he is.
    What channel is that??? that is awesome. Also wonder if 360, ps3 channels are different.