Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VX Insurance

VX Insurance

So living in Florida can be great, BUT. I have been insured with State Farm insurance for car and house since the Dinosaurs roamed the earth. To long to tell my age.
    Florida over the past few years has a serious problem with insurance from all the hurricanes we have had. Our insurance rates have gone out the roof.
    State Farm is cancelling homeowners insurance for all prople who live in a coastal flood area. I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida about 1/4 mile from Tampa Bay. My homeowners insurance will be cancelled in August.
    So I am telling State Farm to take a hike on my auto insurance.
    My question is I will be shopping for new auto insurance for my VX.
    For anyone who has VX insurance could you give me help. Who insures your VX? I will be calling them for quotes.
    Thanks.

Gieco here. Its cheap and they have been very helpfull at all hours of the day.

All my insurance is with USAA so no help for you there (unless you're retired military). My SeaDoos are insured with Progressive. They seem good to work with but I haven't had to file a claim with them yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I use Liberty Mututal and they have been good to me.

But here is my advice, do what I did, move the heck outta Florida!!

Bart

PS - I do miss the Alternative Record Store and Merlin's Games. Are those stores still there?

Farmers here and just went up from what it was but I have been with them since I was 16 and then some, parents used to be with them for longest time as well. They work with me and I dont mind paying the extra here and there for what they do for me.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Farmers here as well. No issues, (no claims) Tower Hill for the home. State Farm bailed on us a few years back, after thirty some claim free years....home and car. We dumped their car insurance in retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    All my insurance is with USAA so no help for you there (unless you're retired military). My SeaDoos are insured with Progressive. They seem good to work with but I haven't had to file a claim with them yet.
    So, they will do retired military. Do you need to get it with in 2 years of retiring? Ran into that problem with the other one that does military.

State Farm, yea, I had them for years but got to expensive so went with COSTCO's Ameriprise, was a little cheaper. Our manufactured home is with them and they just dropped the earthquake coverage which had always been included since they ride the wave pretty good. I am currently looking for new home insurance.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

I know everyone is going to say that im crazy and that im so dumb but guess what i havent insured my Vx since i have had it, everyone can hate me lol but i think insurance here is so expensive i dont have a social security number and dont have an american drivers license and i am here as a student with my student visa, i cant get a social security number because i dont work and i dont have to get an american driving license for a year, my Mexican driver license works here, and no im not an illegal who swam through the border lol
    i tried getting insurance but everywhere i looked i didnt get below 1000 dollars each month, In Mexico we insure all of our cars for like maybe 50 dollars a year for each of our cars its so cheap! and it works really good
    so what im trying to do is send my VX to Mexico i cant legalize i becaus eit was made in japan and you can only legalize cars made in America but my dad has some contacts that can "Legalize" it as it is so i could get insurance in mexico bring it back to wisconsin and then im done, but i would have to send it back to mexico like every six months
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Pepino shame shame... I was hit by an uninsured emigrant worker, and it cost me big time... Do us all a favor and get some insurance.

===========

I'm with State Farm, as is my entire family... we've had a ton of claims over the years (7 kid in my family) And they've always treated us well.

When My truck was destroyed up in the hills (by vandals) they initially offered $8,000 for the settlement. I provided them with pictures and receipts for everything, and I ended up settling for $21,000, and it wasn't a battle.

Good luck!

VX insurance

I insure my UFO with 21st century insurance,now merge with AIG.

Give them a call.they work great for me so far

Progressive through an independant agent.. for a long time..now hartford

seems to be pretty good

Eesh, that blows. I have my VX on State Farm with "below 7,500 miles a year" and pay only $40 a month. Guess it pays to NOT live in Florida.

I have a bunch of friends who recently jumped to Progressive. They claim they got much better quotes than anywhere else. I can only go by what I was told since I have never gotten a quote from them.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

"So, they will do retired military. Do you need to get it with in 2 years of retiring? Ran into that problem with the other one that does military."

Row, I'll call them & find out for Ya. Done - sent you a PM

I H8 to diss anyone but I blacklisted State Farm years ago. They rate very high in customer satisfaction & when I was in 2 different accidents with their customers (both their fault) they were good to work with ... BUT. They screwed me in my divorce & caused me to pay my EX's auto insurance for almost a year. Long story - you don't really want to know.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 05/08/2008 at 12:57 PM

i was with state farm and paid 150 on just my VX, but then i switched to Allstate and now i pay 135 for my Vx and my wifes 09 lancer. I have full coveridge on both cars with accedent forgiveness and road side assistence. plus i'm not 25 yet and eather is my wife. And i'm using florida allstate insurance. I'm in the militery and married so thats some plus points to get lower rates, but it's just a small discount. and i have a perfect driving record with now accendents and no tickets, but for my wife it's another story. So i say give them a call and see what they will quote you. it's deffently the cheapesit i have seen.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

We are with American Family Insurance and they are awesome!! For full coverage on my 2001 jeep cherokee and full coverage on the VX we pay 158.00 a month!