OK, I have talked in the past about my plans to integrate a touchscreen monitor into my dash for a number of uses... well, I am starting things this morning.

I just pulled my dash apart to see what I have to work with and heres what the plan is... I'll post pictures later today I hope. I have removed the factory headunit and 6 disc changer. They will not return. I am relocating my climate controls to the lower part of the dash where the changer used to reside. After looking at this, its only going to require extending four wires. That is my first order of work. I will post pics today...

I was going to install a large format touchscreen monitor in a vertical position taking up the upper 2/3's of the dash, but that doesn't look like its gonna work without EXTENSIVE rework of the dash. What I have found though is that if I relocate the center vents down to where the ashtray and lighter are, I can easily fit a 10.4" monitor in a horizontal format and still have space for my Eclipse 55090 AM/FM/CD/DVD player at the top.

The center dash vents should be easily relocated. There is a small vent duct extension attached to the front of the dash. The plan is to leave that off, cut a small section of the plastic from the bottom of the duct where this extension meets the ducts and fabricate a new duct extension from either ABS or Sintra that will reroute them down to the lower area of the dash... just above my relocated ac/heat controls. I will work on that tomorrow... don't have to work until 4pm, so I will go use the shop and materials to do that. I will post pictures of that once done... probably monday or tuesday....

As I stated above, my Eclipse headunit is going into the upper location where the stocker is. This leaves a large are for my monitor to be mounted... pictures to follow.

Anyway, I should be back in a couple hours with the ac/heat controls modified and mounted... I'll see y'all in a bit!

TTYL!