Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your 2008 ZuZoo pics/adventures here!

[insert "jeopordy" theme music here] :sighg:
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hears another little taste from Tuesday,Part1.

Last edited by kodiak : 05/15/2008 at 03:22 AM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Hears another little taste from Tuesday,Part2.
    Last edited by kodiak : 05/15/2008 at 03:22 AM

Great pics Kodiak. Thanks for sharing!
    Jo, you've been immortalized "watering" the flora!:bwgr:
    Looks like the weather was a little cooler up there this year...should make the trail rides a little nicer!

Billy,

I don't think anyone is posting yet because we've all been so tired.
    Yes, this year has been a little chilly. It rained on Monday day and Monday evening and the temperature got down into the lower 40's Monday night. Tuesday was partly cloudy and WINDY. The wind was brutal so most of us where in jeans and jackets. The wind died down as the day went on, but it really didn't get that warm. I think the high was in the upper 60's. With 20 VX's, a Trooper and an FJ we didn't get back to camp until late, and we headed right to Todd's BBQ so there wasn't much time to post that day.

Wednesday morning started early. A few of us did Seven Mile Rim, a few others did Poison Spider, and others did Hell's Revenge. The same tub that claimed Ldub last year claimed one of Zues' tie rods this year. I saw him driving around town a little while ago, so he must have gotten in fixed (at least temporarily). Last night was diner with most of us at Fiesta Mexicana, then the party moved back to the parking lot of Red Rock Inn. After a couple of margarita's and some serious peer pressure, Ldub and Jay Dunford ended up lifting my VX in the parking lot (I bought a set of 912's from dub). I have pictures and I will post them when I get back home.

Today (Thursday) our numbers dwindled as a few people left town last night and this morning. One group (led by Todd) went to do Fins and Things, a second group (led by Big Swede) headed out to do Metal Masher, and a third group headed out to a canyon (that I can't remember the name of) for some wheelin' and sight seeing.

So far it's been a great trip and unfortunately I have to leave today to head to Vegas (Awwww....tough life). Our numbers continue to dwindle, but the hard core VXers will be here until the weekend. There is talk of a group doing Poison Spider tomorrow. I'm sure once everyone gets home there will be a TON of pictures posted up so you'll get a good feel of what has been going on out here.

It was great (as always) to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Start planning for next year so we can get even MORE VX's out here and meet even more of the family.

Hope all is well back in civilization.

Signing out from Moab....
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the update!
    Sounds like ideal wheelin' weather...definately beats 95 when you want to have your windows down to hear your spotter!
    Sounds like that tub has it out for VX's. We will have to tame it!
    When on the trail you're going to love the extra clearance from the lift. You will notice just a little more lean in the corners...but nothing to drastic.
    I'll keep checking back for that "ton" of pictures!

Thanks for posting the pictures... it is minimal solace for not being there, but is better than nothing. since I roached my back on Monday, and am not in Moab.

The combination of Hydrocodone/Tramadol they gave me takes the edge off the pain but makes it a poor idea to drive, though I gave long consideration to pulling the driver's seat out of the Dodge and rigging up some sort of tilted litter -- all I really need to drive is one foot and one hand at the wheel, right?

It is pretty miserable to sit or drive, but I can rotate between standing and laying on my stomach here at work. I'm getting some pretty entertaining comments from my cubemates. The drugs are grand, but they've done bad things for my productivity -- where I used to be able to teleconference and email 3-4 things at a time, I'm having difficulty paying attention to one thing at a time now.

I'd honestly be more upset about this if I weren't so well-medicated. As it is, my 30-minute commute to work is about as far as I can travel without getting out to stretch.

It is frustrating that I had the Amigo and Dodge ready to roll, but I guess there will have to be other trips at other times. Bigfoot got his *** kicked by Lowerback.

I hope everyone is having fun in Moab... I wish I was!

Randii

Randii, sorry to hear you had to join the disaster club and miss Moab. Hope to see you there next year. My VX should be out of the shop, repaired and ready to wheel in about 3-5 days. They claim to be ahead of schedule!
    I feel for you on the back. I have a sciatic nerve that acts up every now and then and I'm sure it's no where as bad as yours. Make sure to rest it and do those rehab exercies when you get to that point. They make a difference down the road.
    Now back to the show!

Thread Hijack!!!

THREAD HIJACK!!!

Where is everyone? I'm here in Moab, someone give me a call...

I saw a VXer Leaving town on my way in (believe it was Zeus).

Anyway, I'm staying at the JR Desert Inn on the South End of town.

I'd like to meet up with someone before everyone leaves town.
    Last edited by taylorRichie : 05/15/2008 at 06:02 PM Reason: No more phone number ;)

Swing by the Portal campground (the group area) on the north end of town (its on the left side of the main road as you are leaving the north end of town). A lot are staying there.

Found Em

Found 'em...

Thanks!!

Going for the slideshow now... Ta Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Going for the slideshow now... Ta Ta.
    No problem!
    But you don't need to rub it in! Let them know us who are not in Moab are STILL waiting for some pics...even if its just some teasers!
    Kodiak is the only one to throw us a bone!

My camera sucks so I will have to clean up the pics before I post them. Bart and company took over 500 pics on Tuesday and another 500+ pics on Wednesday! There are some long videos taken from atop his roof rack that are entertaining. He has a lot of editing and clean up to do. I didn't take near as many pics as usual but will post when I can. It sucks to be back at work... the day just ticks by.

For the record... when Todd says to respect Gooneybird and don't drive over his feet or else pay the consequences... listen to him. Dumke and I both suffered some mechanical issues after disrespecting the rock bird.

Pics are coming!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Just got online at the hotel for the last night here in Moab. Linda and I took somewhere around 2500 photos since we left on Saturday morning. No foolin with that number. Here are just a few...there will be MORE.

Dub on Tuesday:

My VX sitting up near the tubs on Hell's Revenge....sun setting...waiting.

Zeus in the tub...getting ready for some...

BREAKAGE!

CrnCnn with his arse in the air.

Hopeful calander shot for 2009????

H20 is fun (except for when you are trying to get outta the tub)

Bart

Nice pix, Bart!
    Did you ever get the dash/on board cam together? Not that 2,500 pix is insufficient
    James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...