Thread: Post your 2008 ZuZoo pics/adventures here!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Cool pics...keep'em coming!

Zeus, what do you think caused your tie rod to break? The tub didn't look like it would have put to much pressure on it.
    I was actually going to start a thread about that - in short, it seems to be a bad idea to disconnect the sway bar on just one side. It needs to be disconnected on both sides and secured in a high position that clears the tires at full steer. The disonnected side of the sway bar seems to have made contact with the tie rod a few times during the attempted climbs (5 attempts before getting out cuz the tires were freshly wet - and remember I am running completely open diffs). I was kind of bouncing a bit mid-climb; so it seems like it bent the rod, weakened it, and it finally broke when I steered hard left after getting out. Luckily, it bent AFTER I got out of the tub!!! There is VIDEO! Clint (CrnCnn) gave me a ride out and to M4O so I could get the tie rod sleeved back together. Bart and Scott Harness were kind enough to truck me back in to the tubs so I could put my VX back together. Linda (Bart's wife), Carrie (sp? - Mrs. CrnCnn), and Megan (Mrs. Ascinder) volunteered to watch my dog during the second trip. And LDUB of course had an extra tie rod for me to use - I only used one castle nut. Thanks guys and gals! I still owe you a couple beers, and Beau $20... Bring on the Elko trip!!!!
    Last edited by ZEUS : 05/18/2008 at 09:55 AM