Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Wheel Spec Info, Hard to find a one stop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I called the tirerack customer service about the center bore issue & they told me that the 108mm is the standart for most 6x5.5 wheels.
    Yeah just make sure it is more than 100mm and you will be fine. I just ran into a problem because my lug pattern and center bore were drilled per my specs and the 108mm bore was so big that it is harder than normal for me to line up the lugs when reinstalling wheels, but I am guessing there is less wiggle room to work with if you get the 100mm bore, just seems like I have too much wiggle room to work with.

for what its worth, i just bought a set of 98 rodeo wheels, and they fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Well, the oem wheel is a 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern, 38 mm positive offset with 108 mm center bore. I know Littlebeast was able to use 100 mm centerbore but be sure they will fit, espically when trying to remove a hot wheel that has expanded if you get my drift.

Someone here coined a wonderful phrase about the stock wheel and tires making the VX look like it is stand on it's tip toes or something to that effect, but well said.

I went with a MKW M18 wheel (see in my gallery) it is a 8.5 inch with a 18mm positive offset. I also mounted Toyo AT's, 286/60/18. I did have to crank the torsion bars, trim the front cladding and knock back the rear cladding lip, but that step might not be neccessary with the TB crank. Also had to adjust the speedometer +6%, but was simple with the scan gauge Tone sells.

Hope that helps.
    Those are the exact specs of my H3. LOL, I should swap wheels on rigs someday. Maybe I have a "thing" for those specs.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Yeah there is a VX on the rims/tires thread with H3 wheels and it looks pretty good... At least if you're into the h3 rims

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

dunno if this will help, or...

I'd like to get some new chrome lugs for my VX. Some of mine are rusted. Any suggestions? I looked at some on ebay, but don't know if they're reputable.

I went through the whole wheel,tire, offset thing..... take a look at my thread on that http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21304 I started it while trying to figure out what would look good. I think my combo came out good, obviously not everyone is going to do 35's though, but theyr'e worth the trouble. My rims are KMC XD Addict 798 18"x9" with an offset of 18, tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers (35"x12.5"). Good luck figuring it out, hope the table on the 1st page of the thread helps.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I'd like to get some new chrome lugs for my VX. Some of mine are rusted. Any suggestions? I looked at some on ebay, but don't know if they're reputable.
    All I know about lug nutz is...

I'd buy used OEM Isuzu lugs before I bought anything aftermarket from ebay...

Mine were new in 99, & still look good when I scrub my nuts with a stiff brush......

I've never seen any nuts as good as mine, they've never been garaged, & spend the long cold winters outside in the parking lot.

I'd like to continue extolling the virtues of oem nuts, but I'm afraid that interlopers from Jeep forums might read this, & eventually start coveting my swell Isuzu nuts...

OEM...FTW...

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I replaced all of mine a few years ago with McGard lugs from Summit Racing. You can get some that look just like OEM. I don't have the part numbers handy right now, but I can do a search if you're interested.

edit: The part number is 64012.
    Last edited by Cobrajet : 04/07/2012 at 09:52 AM Reason: Added part Number
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I replaced all of mine a few years ago with McGard lugs from Summit Racing. You can get some that look just like OEM. I don't have the part numbers handy right now, but I can do a search if you're interested.
    x2, CobraJet; and I concur with the Dubster on not buying poor quality lugnuts from eBay (BTW; I'm glad the Dubster likes his nuts, as I like mine too ). Buy aftermarket lugnuts only from a reputable source like Summit Racing (S.R. only sells top-notch quality products and guarantees what they sell). Summit Racing would be my only source!!!

X3 what CobraJet said. I bought some black lug nuts from McGuard that looked just like the Isuzu OEM's. Got some wheel keys to match too. High quality, and haven't had a problem with them. You can get them other places than Summit, and usually cheaper. Think I got mine from Amazon.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Guess I'm getting a few sets from Summit. BTW, the warranty on the McGuard Nuts (summit item# 64012) is:

McGard warrants its products against manufacturer defects for a period of one year after the date of purchase. Lug nuts carry a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. The chrome plating on the lug nuts is warranted for life not to chip, peel, or rust under normal use and care.

On the long list of things to do, this one is now checked off, I'm sold.

Thanks ya'll
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post

edit: The part number is 64012.
    Thanks!

anyone can provide proper off set and wheel size as refer, mine Vx has 265-50r20, 20x9, but front wheel rubbing front bumper. driving me crazy when i am doing full turn, i may consider lifting the truck for 3'' by install Calimini suspension kit, did anyone know if they are still in business and anyone already installed, please provide pictures and wheel off set, so that I could do it at one shot. Thanks a million.