Too many questions & not enough grey matter

1) Do I like the look? ABSOLUTELY & even more important, so does Wifey (bought the VX for her).

2) Is it too heavy for the rear door? ABSOLUTELY but ... the latch mechanism on the VX is pretty good so the hinges aren't carrying much of the load. I am very careful about opening & closing the door & will never install a door popper. I've noticed a slight amount of wear on the latch so will have to order some spare parts while they are still available. I'll try to get some pix. On the other hand, the door is bitchin heavy even without the spare so you should be careful with it anyway and NEVER EVER drive with the door open.

3) Do I wish the PO hadn't done it? No, he did a very good job of the mount. He put a fairly beafy plate both inside & out so the sheet metal isn't going to fail (if not abused by door slamming). BTW, I like the look & judging from the compliments I get - Joe Public does too.

4) Is there a better approach if you want a full sized spare & don't want it up on the roof? I'd probably fab up some kind of mount that uses the receiver hitch & never touches sheet metal. Creative engineering would be required to make it stable & not move too much. Bro has a RoadTrek (sp?) that has a similar set up but I never looked at it very closely. Of course the down side of that approach would be that if you tow with the VX, you'd be without a spare.

5) Have I thought about different wheel/tire combo? WHAT??? Prove you right??? NEVER.

Actually, I'd love to replace the Wranglers (these aren't as bad as I remember from some in the past but just never liked them). I'll wait till they're worn out tho.

I think I answered all the questions. Next scheduled tom4bren bashing starts ... now