Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Austin, TX mini-meet LUNCH, putt putt, Lake Travis?

Austin, TX mini-meet LUNCH, putt putt, Lake Travis?

Anyone interested in hanging out and grabbing lunch, while I am in town visiting my sister and her husband? I know it is Memorial day weekend so if you all just want to grab a quick lunch that is cool, or if you all want to drive out to her lake house on Lake Travis and take a dip or maybe go to Horseshoe Bay resort and use their all natural grass ($1million) putt putt course her husband works out there. Just let me know:

-Lunch?
    -Putt Putt (at horseshoe bay)?
    -Lake Travis swim (at my sister's lake house)?

Anybody interested at all? They have a boat, but I think it is getting work done on it and don't know if it will be done before this weekend.

Sounds liek fun and I would be game if didnt have prior plans. You only turn 50 once you know :P
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I am open this weekend, I live on North Lake Travis.....no swimming for me as my feet are way messed right now and I cant get them infected.....lunch sounds good!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Count me in too.

Preferences?

Cool, my sister said that the Shady Grove in Austin or The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls might be options to eat. But I have no preference at all, where would you all like to eat/meet any preferences?

And also my sister said we can definitely head out for putt putt if you want after Lunch. Drive from Austin to Horseshoe Bay Resort is about 1 hour. Let me know so I can set up a tee time, if you have never been to Horseshoe Bay Resort the $1million putt putt area is amazing! It has all natural grass greens an artificial river and waterfall with live birds all throughout the course, it is pretty cool, but no pressure, lunch anywhere in the area is cool with me.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Shady Grove is pretty neat, Jay do you remember when I took you there? I guess if everyone wants to play putt putt than we could eat in Marble Falls???? I can go either way.....I hate making decisions....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    no swimming for me as my feet are way messed right now and I cant get them infected...
    That sort of thing NEVER happens in Moab...

Mostly alcohol induced brain injury happens there...

Hope this won't end your tap dancing career...

X's & O's...L W

I am not doing any dancing at this time, let alone walking.....I still drank heavily to numb the pain......In addition to the 3 toenails I had to have removed when I got back, I am going to loose my big toenail on that foot too....AND the other foot large deep blister on bottom of heal that had to be opened and dressed for all the drainage. I cant figure how to reduce the size of the image to post here, I have silly PC at work, I could figure it out at home ont he Mac...
    Last edited by VX crazy : 05/22/2008 at 06:50 AM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    I am not doing any dancing at this time, let alone walking.....I still drank heavily to numb the pain......In addition to the 3 toenails I had to have removed when I got back, I am going to loose my big toenail on that foot too....AND the other foot large deep blister on bottom of heal that had to be opened and dressed for all the drainage. I cant figure how to reduce the size of the image to post here, I have silly PC at work, I could figure it out at home ont he Mac...
    Here ya go...that looks REALLY painful...note to self:

Grand Canyon = BAD
    Moab............= GOOD

Thanks LDub! You the man!! Wanna hear something crazy....after 3 margaritas and 3 shots sunday I agreed to do it again in October.....will see how feet heal first!

How far did you hike before your feet said enough!! Was it like the next day or did they hurt with each step?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

around 22 miles....cuz the last 4 miles my heals felt like knives going thru them every step, but not until I got to the car and put flip flops on did I see I had blisters under all the toenails......had no choice but to keep going though.....

SERIOUSLY! take care of those tootsies.

omg ouch..... i didnt even know u could even get blisters under toe nails.. owie.

Seriously that looks like it hurts. If it helps I fell from 17' in the vault and landed on my heels last thursday, bruised my heels and I have been unable to train for a few days.... but nothing like that, I am so sorry.

So lunch? Anybody else? That picture sure makes me hungry.....