Thread: My tranny is about to die! Need advice ASAP PLEASE

Unhappy My tranny is about to die! Need advice ASAP PLEASE

hey folks,
    My story with my tranny started long time ago when my tranny fluid was leaking and i had to add it every month or two as soon as my tranny starts slipping. Well now it got really bad even if i add fluid it still wont help, now when i parked and then shift to D wait a second and puch acceleration my engine revs up and then after 3-4 secs car start moving. If im down a hill its almost imposiable to start moving straing with out rolling back. I thought problem was the switch mode but since my tranny been leaking and stauu for the past year and a half i think my tarnny will die REALLY soon so i want to replace it with used one. My question is what tranny will fit our VX? so then i can call the junk yards around my area and possiably buy one and replace it.
    Please i will appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks a lot.

I'm not the major mechanic on this forum by any means but I think my first concern would be to locate the leak. Adding fluid every month or so seems like an important leak. I'm not trying to be difficult but adding tranny fluid to the VX is a major pain (believe me, I just did it), so having to do it that often would encourage me to locate the leak first. If it's a gasket, they aren't very pricey at all to purchase and if you know how to add fluid already, you can likely tackle a gasket too. You can always do a thread search as well for transmissions, I'm at work presently but I think one of the websites is allisuzuparts.com, there've been other mentions of good recycled isuzu sites in this forum as well. Hope this helps, it may not have been what you were looking for but I wanted you to get a response from someone on this.
    Good luck!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

4L30E

Quote Originally Posted by djkymar View Post
    . My question is what tranny will fit our VX? so then i can call the junk yards around my area and possiably buy one and replace it.
    Please i will appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks a lot.

Joe Isuzu,
    Thanks for the info i got what you ment. I did changed the gasket like 3 times and it didnt help out at all. I spend over 1000 bucks trying to fix the problem in different shops but no luck =(

Ldub,
    Thank you for the info.

Does anyone know what years tropers or rodeos trannys can work out with our VX?