Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why cute?

Why cute?

Today wasn't first time I have gotten "cute", and quite honestly, I would almost rather get an "ugly" than another "cute". I mean, what is it that compels someone to say, "Wow, that's really cute"? Rugged, bad@55, sick, ill, bitchin', any or all of those would be more fitting, imo, but cute???

Bart

I get the Cute or Pretty comment all the time usually from girls. I usually say “Cute!” with a squint. Then they rephrase there comment.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Getting the "cute" response used to get a less-than satisfactory reaction from me too until I started to wonder why I considered it unsatisfactory. My reaction was saying more about me than the actual response was about my VX. I finally decided that having a girl say it's cute seemed pretty positive to me, so I believe it's just a matter of putting the response into context with who it's coming from.

ex-owner '99 ebony...looking for a dragon green.
    yeah, that just happened to me a couple hours ago. i was walking from the printer back to my cubicle...avoiding eye contact as always. A co-worker calls my name, tells me she saw my car, and proceeds to use the "c" word at least 3-4 times while describing it. It made me sick. Can't think of any positive way to spin it.
    ...and yes, she's the kind who comes in on her day off, with a couple of screaming babies in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by MashyMan View Post
    ...and yes, she's the kind who comes in on her day off, with a couple of screaming babies in tow.
    THAT is funny! The "cute" comment doesn't really make me mad as much as it makes me confused. To me, cute could be a Cooper Mini, or a VW Bug, or a Smart Car, or something like that. But maybe that's it. Maybe its the fact that the VX is kind of small, compared to most SUVs, and as we know, small is often times synonymous with cute. Today it was a middle aged couple who asked me about my VX and called it cute (yes, both of them said cute, not just the woman). Funny thing, is they had no idea what it was, and when I said Isuzu, they were really surprised as they were driving a late 90s Rodeo.

Bart

Let me guess, Bart...

you didn't have the Spikes on it, did you?
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

I was just thinking today...
    would it be cool/possible to paint the front end something like an old P-40 Warhawk?

There wouldn't be any chance of "cute" with that on it!

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman View Post
    Let me guess, Bart...

you didn't have the Spikes on it, did you?
    You know Cyro, you are correct! That may be it! I need to get my roof rack back up their asap!!!

Bart

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Today wasn't first time I have gotten "cute", and quite honestly, I would almost rather get an "ugly" than another "cute". I mean, what is it that compels someone to say, "Wow, that's really cute"? Rugged, bad@55, sick, ill, bitchin', any or all of those would be more fitting, imo, but cute???

Bart
    That's wierd...it's very seldom that I get "cute" any more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    That's wierd...it's very seldom that I get "cute" any more...

Slingdub,
    you talkin' about you, or your VX?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cyronman View Post
    Slingdub,
    you talkin' about you, or your VX?
    I reckon we're-a-one in the same...Mmmm-Hmmm...

Oh man, I totally forgot about "sling-dub"!

Bart

I think "cute" might be just be more present in some peoples vocabularies than in others. Typically I think girls tend to use it more than guys, and often vocabulary spills over in relationships. People tend to fixate on certain words, and many often misuse them in catch-all ways If it makes you feel any better I've had plenty of people call it "sick" and one guy even yelled from his truck "Man, that thing is f---ing wicked!"
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I got cute the other day and a few times before. From the ladies no less. Of course one yesterday when I was trying to get out of the parking lot to get some lunch, I only have a half hour lady.. yeah yeah its cute BYE

Edit; I forgot, the one that called it cute yesterday looking at the three of us on my computer at GBNP. With Barts spikes, gas cans and all.

yea i get cute quite a bit.. usually i just chalk it up to it being really small for an SUV.. asked a few people how they could possibly use cute to describe something with fangs.. the answer is usually because its so compact