With all the wet weather we've been having here in Alabama, I really haven't had a chance to clean the VX up to my satisfaction since we bought it in April (my wife is the daily driver of SABR2TH). This Sat. after I had cleaned up my Celica, I got my wife to leave the VX home at lunch and I washed it. I had known all along that I needed to give the cladding special attention, but it became particularly obvious after washing it the third time that soap and water wasn't gonna bring much of a shine to it. We both agreed that we needed to talk to someone at the local AutoZone or the like to see what was best for that type of material. Before going that route, Monday morning I got on here, did a search on cladding and clean, then care and got exactly the info I needed. Monday evening I went to Wal-Mart and picked up the Turtle Wax 2001 Protectant and applied it last night. It looks like I replaced all the cladding with brand new pieces. Absolutely amazing how much difference it makes. My wife was tickled and I was quite proud of how good it looks. I had to check it out a coupla times this morning before we headed to work. We both absolutely love our VX and it sure is great to have such a thorough and committed community with a great aficionado site like this one. Thanks all...
Mark & Beth