Thread: Help tracing a VX history please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Does it have Cali plates and sunroof?
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hi Anita

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    Does it have Cali plates and sunroof?
    Dont know about the sunroof...but yes on the Cali plates.

I'm going to look at it in the morning...

Here is the info I have:-

The lift is 3" and its an aftermarket complete kit - Springs & shocks. I have the reciept in the file but not with me here. The front windshield & passenger door glass are broke out - Ex. girlfriend???? Allstar glass will install both for $780.00. I'm the 2nd owner The orignal owner is a friend of mine. He bought it new in 99 at Drew isuzu La Mesa Ca. ($46,000) It was featured in 4-wheel drive mag. in 1999 and was in alot of car shows in 99' & 2000. I have a file given to me with the car that has every reciept for every thing ever done to the car along with service records. I myself have not been so good with the records but I have maintained it regulary. The only body damage is a small dent on the front right fender that happened when my ex broke the glass. The car has a lot of cool extras such as - Brand new 305 all terrains, Tow package, K&N filter, Front push bar, lights & skid plate. All carbon fiber interior pannels & dash. Trans Cooler, Smoked lens covers, DVD, Also, my friend who owned the car worked with a baja race team which at the time was racing VX's. The car has jeep warren lockers up front and a bypass switch so you can run it as a two wheel drive on the road. Really Cool! Much better gas mileage and performance with out the full time 4x4! It also got a new motor at 58,000 miles done by the dealer under warranty. (Have all reciepts)the original motor lost oil pressure and died.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd be very skeptical if he's claiming it was bought new in 1999 for $46,000... MSRP was $32,000. Maybe it's just bad information, but it sounds a little fishy to me, which would make me start to question other claims.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Quote Originally Posted by kpaske View Post
    I'd be very skeptical if he's claiming it was bought new in 1999 for $46,000... MSRP was $32,000. Maybe it's just bad information, but it sounds a little fishy to me, which would make me start to question other claims.
    Yeah, remember Jo, I said something about that right away too.

what time are you going? If you got room for me give me a call--I'll be up early helping some friends with the R&R Marathon anyway.
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

"Jeep warren lockers"?????? Huh?????
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea...the $46,000 price was the first thing I questioned him about when we talked on the phone.

He says that was the "all up " price with mods etc.

As for the "Jeep Warren lockers "...I'm too!

We will see....sitting here as I type waiting to confirm a meeting with him at noon.

jo

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post

As for the "Jeep Warren lockers "...I'm too!

jo
    It would be my guess that he means "Warn locking front hubs" like on a Jeep.