Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th of July 2008 Camping Trip @ Mammoth Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Well, why couldn't you just take your Jeep? I mean, it would suck to not have your VX, but its better than staying home!!

Bart
    Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having a VX meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Yeah right, that's why we got a winch, we can use you for the guinea pig
    Please dont use the word PIG when we are going into the woods.

Seriously though, Clint, what do you think is needed to get your VX back up to speed? Are you thinking major CV work?

Bart
    I am thinking but really not sure yet. I am going to investigate this weekend. Are you guys going to do some work on your this sunday?

Are you guys thinking strictly VX peeps, or kind of a more-the-merryer deal.

I was going to bring 2 people W/me but was telling a few people to think about coming (IF I can even make it) along, since for us down here it's kind of a get-outta-town 3-day vAcA type of deal.

Just wondering
    Last edited by cyronman : 06/10/2008 at 04:07 PM
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

I don't see any reason to exclude anyone, especially if Clint may be driving the Jeep.
    We can always print out a full size VX and paste it to the side of any non VX
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Exactly! Obviously it would be ideal to drive the VX, but I would like to think that we are friends beyond the VehiCROSSes by now! That's doesn't mean I won't give you crap for being in a Jeep. To me, I am mostly interested in seeing the Mammoth Lakes area, getting outside, hiking, canoeing, drinking and camping, and just plain hanging out and having a good time. I would go in whatever vehicle I can get there in!

And yes, the more the merrier!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    I don't see any reason to exclude anyone, especially if Clint may be driving the Jeep.
    We can always print out a full size VX and paste it to the side of any non VX
    Best,
    I agree we can't exclude anyone... i will be driving the jeep!! HEHE! Clint says its too "plush" for his bottom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. CRNCNN View Post
    I agree we can't exclude anyone... i will be driving the jeep!! HEHE! Clint says its too "plush" for his bottom!!
    LOL. Yeah, the VX is like that. Once you ride high in those comfy Recaros, nothing else seems to work.

Well James, do we have any updates from you? With this trip tenatively 3 weeks away, I highly doubt we are going to get a reservation at an "actual" campsite. So, have you any ideas where we can go? I think its time we get a real plan with real specifics in place here or else this trip ain't gonna happen. Sorry, I am a stickler for organization when it comes to these things.

That said, I am also still game for a Petroglyphs trip up this way. James, you are of course welcome to make the trek up here, and I would even be willing to put you up Thursday night so we can leave Friday morning. (We have a spare queen and a spare single for whoever you bring with).

Come hell or high water, I'm going somewhere that weekend!

Bart

I think we are still go!
    The site I recommended (Twin Lakes) has some first-come-first-served spots, which I should have a good crack at. I have a plan to go up one of the proposed trails, which is 4X4 only that ends at a lake. I think we should be able to camp there, but not sure of there are any "facilities". In my recent exploring, I have found MANY campsites. We should have no problems...
    Best,

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    I think we are still go!
    The site I recommended (Twin Lakes) has some first-come-first-served spots, which I should have a good crack at. I have a plan to go up one of the proposed trails, which is 4X4 only that ends at a lake. I think we should be able to camp there, but not sure of there are any "facilities". In my recent exploring, I have found MANY campsites. We should have no problems...
    Best,
    OK, well, as far as crappers go, I will be purchasing one of these for me and Linda:

She better like it! So I think we will be fine.

So, if you get a campsite for Thursday, that would be awesome. I think we should be able to get there around 8-9pm. Ascinder will probably have to come down Friday morning and meet up, right Ascinder?

I just want to make sure if we make the 3+ hour trek we have a place to camp. So, the weight is on you, James!!! Keep us up to date, dude!

Thanks,
    Bart

I just want to make sure if we make the 3+ hour trek we have a place to camp. So, the weight is on you, James!!! Keep us up to date, dude!

Thanks,
    Bart
    What time are you planning on leaving? Cari works til 6 so we need to decide if we are gonna leave in the am with Beau or night time with you.

Well, I can probably be on the road by 5:30, but I can wait for you guys too. My main concern, is that if James gets a spot, and is holding it, we need to get peeps in there so there are no issues with him getting bumped or whatever.

James, do you forsee any issue with us arriving after 9pm? Or should we just come down early on Friday?

Bart

Well, I can probably be on the road by 5:30, but I can wait for you guys too. My main concern, is that if James gets a spot, and is holding it, we need to get peeps in there so there are no issues with him getting bumped or whatever.

James, do you forsee any issue with us arriving after 9pm? Or should we just come down early on Friday?

Bart
    Thats cool. I agree, just wondering what time you were planning. Cari might be able to get done at 4pm

Bart

I can get off a little early i just need to know when~ The doctor leaves at noon so anytime after that i can go! Let us know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I am thinking but really not sure yet. I am going to investigate this weekend. Are you guys going to do some work on your this sunday?

Burgers, Brats, And Beer for those who come over to work on a VX or to watch the VX's being worked on!!!

I got guard but I need to get mine worked on pretty seriously. I also still have Justin's CV boot band clamp tool so let me know if you need it.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Greetings, all!
    No, I don't feel any pressure
    I will double check tomorrow about the first come basis @ Twin Lakes, and talk to a ranger.
    I did go up and do a little scout on Laurel Lakes trail this evening. It was just me and SnowtrooperJr. It took me half an hour to get 1 mile. That part of the trail is alot of loose fist sized rocks and glaicial moraine. I did not have my cell, and since I had the boy, did not feel comfortable trying to go up the entire trail, since I would be descending in the dark To me, with my inexperience, it seemed challenging, but you guys might find it tame.
    I will go up again tomorrw and snap some pix...

I found a youtube vid of some Jeepers hitting it (the 2nd half is the Laurel Lakes run, and does not do it justice IMHO) and another local trail, Wheeler Ridge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym6Z8Dj87KA

Here is also a local guide to a few trails:

http://www.cityconcierge.com//mammot...oad-routes.asp

I will keep you updated as I get more info.
    Best,