Thread: 4th of July 2008 Camping Trip @ Mammoth Lakes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I got guard but I need to get mine worked on pretty seriously. I also still have Justin's CV boot band clamp tool so let me know if you need it.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Greetings, all!
    No, I don't feel any pressure
    I will double check tomorrow about the first come basis @ Twin Lakes, and talk to a ranger.
    I did go up and do a little scout on Laurel Lakes trail this evening. It was just me and SnowtrooperJr. It took me half an hour to get 1 mile. That part of the trail is alot of loose fist sized rocks and glaicial moraine. I did not have my cell, and since I had the boy, did not feel comfortable trying to go up the entire trail, since I would be descending in the dark To me, with my inexperience, it seemed challenging, but you guys might find it tame.
    I will go up again tomorrw and snap some pix...

I found a youtube vid of some Jeepers hitting it (the 2nd half is the Laurel Lakes run, and does not do it justice IMHO) and another local trail, Wheeler Ridge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym6Z8Dj87KA

Here is also a local guide to a few trails:

http://www.cityconcierge.com//mammot...oad-routes.asp

I will keep you updated as I get more info.
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

James!

You rule! I can't wait to meet up and agree to disagree about movies and music, bro!

Your previous post about coming down in the dark made me oh so anxious. My buddy who made my spikes just finished fixing my light rack so I should have my four Hella back up by next week! Night wheeling sounds like fun!

Anyway, yeah, I'm getting excited. I can't wait to see this part of Cali. I have never been down there so I am all juiced up about it.

Clint, if you take the Jeep, do you think you will have any spare room in your truck?

My brother might come, and possibly another friend which means I will need to put my back seats back in. And if I bring the canoe, I will have to put my spare in the back and my room for camping gear will be rapidly depleated. Anyway, if you think you will have room, let me know. Also, you gonna bring your canoe? Beau, your kayaks?

And with that idea, James, do you think we will have time to canoe? Is it worth it for us to bring our boats? Or should we skip that?

Bart