Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th of July 2008 Camping Trip @ Mammoth Lakes

James!

You rule! I can't wait to meet up and agree to disagree about movies and music, bro!

Your previous post about coming down in the dark made me oh so anxious. My buddy who made my spikes just finished fixing my light rack so I should have my four Hella back up by next week! Night wheeling sounds like fun!

Anyway, yeah, I'm getting excited. I can't wait to see this part of Cali. I have never been down there so I am all juiced up about it.

Clint, if you take the Jeep, do you think you will have any spare room in your truck?

My brother might come, and possibly another friend which means I will need to put my back seats back in. And if I bring the canoe, I will have to put my spare in the back and my room for camping gear will be rapidly depleated. Anyway, if you think you will have room, let me know. Also, you gonna bring your canoe? Beau, your kayaks?

And with that idea, James, do you think we will have time to canoe? Is it worth it for us to bring our boats? Or should we skip that?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. CRNCNN View Post
    Burgers, Brats, And Beer for those who come over to work on a VX or to watch the VX's being worked on!!!
    Do you wanna work at your dad's garage again or my place or both?

I was gonna get up early on Sunday and start doing my diffs and transfer case, you can come by if you want and then I can go back over to your place to work on yours, or whatever. What are you planning to do? Tear down your CVs and try to figure out what's going on with them? I would like to be there for that, since I will most likely eventually have the same problem.

Call me tomorrow sometime and let me know.

Bart

Yea, Bart, it made me a bit anxious too....
    IIRC, the Jeep vid I attached earlier shows them going down at night. I could see this happening with a group, but was just not going to attempt it with myslef and SnowtrooperJR.
    As far as the boating, that is up to you. If you have to sacrafice gear storage to bring it, I'd say negative. They do have rentals around here, and if it's important to you, I am sure you will make time.I would not mind taking Jr out for his first water experience if the opportunity arose.
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Yea, Bart, it made me a bit anxious too....
    IIRC, the Jeep vid I attached earlier shows them going down at night. I could see this happening with a group, but was just not going to attempt it with myslef and SnowtrooperJR.
    As far as the boating, that is up to you. If you have to sacrafice gear storage to bring it, I'd say negative. They do have rentals around here, and if it's important to you, I am sure you will make time.I would not mind taking Jr out for his first water experience if the opportunity arose.
    Best,
    Absolutely dude, you made the right decision. I would be a bad thing to get stranded at night in the Sierras with a wee lad. Solo wheeling is always a risk, although it is quite fun.

Anyway, yeah, I don't NEED to bring the canoe, and it will only kill my gas milaege on the way down anyway, so I guess I will let the other boys decide. If I bring my brother and my brother from another mother than its going to be tight in my VX.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 06/13/2008 at 01:03 PM

Add to the fact that I bought a VX that came from New Jersey and they salt the roads RE: rusty undercarrage
    Although the Dragon was never 4X4'd, I would hate for something to go "gronk" when I am out by myself....
    Best,

I am not sure what we will bring yet. The decision will be made this weekend probly. If we got the room they or their gear can ride with us. I plan on bringing my canoe.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Add to the fact that I bought a VX that came from New Jersey and they salt the roads RE: rusty undercarrage
    Although the Dragon was never 4X4'd, I would hate for something to go "gronk" when I am out by myself....
    Best,
    Well, my VX spent its tender years in Chicago, and my VX's underbelly is a tad on the rusty side too, but...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I am not sure what we will bring yet. The decision will be made this weekend probly. If we got the room they or their gear can ride with us. I plan on bringing my canoe.
    Cool, yeah, I think it would be nice to have the canoe down there, I just have no way of carrying my spare and my canoe at the same time up top. That said, I could fit a lot of gear under the canoe to make room for the spare in the back.

EXCITED!

Bart

You know, and now that I think of it, my brother could drive down himself to the campsite at least if he car can make it. James, do you think a low profile car will be able to get to and onto the campsite ok? He has a 350Z. Is it paved all the way there and then like gravel or grass once you get to the campsite?

Bart

If you guys are still working on Sunday afternoon, I might stop by since we often get out early on Sundays. I need to do the trans and the CVs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

The twin lakes campsite access is no problem for a regular vehicle.
    Best,

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    If you guys are still working on Sunday afternoon, I might stop by since we often get out early on Sundays. I need to do the trans and the CVs.
    cool. Terry is still planning on burgers and brats, He said he can make chicken for those who dont want that stuff... (Megan)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Yeah, I would think we are. I am going to take Linda to the mall on Sunday morning so she can do some shopping and then I am gonna come home and tackle my diffs at least. I hope to do my diffs and xfer case at least tomorrow.

Bart

Greetings!
    Have some info on the Twin Lakes campsite.
    I scouted around today, and talked to one of the camp hosts that has been there for a few seasons.
    I looks like I will be able to score a few of the 1st come sites without much issue. I may have to go up a day or two before the weekend and claim the sites (pitch tents, pay for) but it should secure us the best ones. I think it's worth it tp pay a little extra to make sure we are where we want to be.
    I have in mind spots A1 - A4 on the upper right of this map:

[IMG][/IMG]

They are farthest away from the masses, are close to a bathroom, and right next to the lake & a boat launch! Fishing is supposed to be pretty good here also, so bring yur gear if that's your gig.
    Each spot is $19 bucks a day, with a total of 6 persons allowed at each site. Exta vehicles per site are $4 bucks. So depending on the total number of folks coming, how many tents we want to put on each, we may only need 2 spots.
    Let me know what you all think.
    Best,

James, that sounds awesome. Linda and I are totally there, and possibly two more. I will know for sure how many of us will be there by Monday.

So, definitely count me in for however many spots, and I will bring cash for whatever I owe when I get there.

Thanks a lot for doing this. I can't wait.

Bart