Thread: OBD II ScanGauge II What's Normal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OBD II ScanGauge II What's Normal?

I got a Scan Gauge recently because I've been getting Lean Codes once in a while and now more often (they would clear themselves after a while, but I was worried how often they were happening). This little unit is great for watching my MPG's and other stuff, so I chose it for several reasons.

Anyway, the question at the moment is:
    Do other peoples rig jump in to OPEN LP mode when you take your foot off the accelerator? (It seems to happen while going 50 or so MPH and taking my foot off the gas, it reads 9999MPG and goes to OPEN Loop untill it slows down and comes back in around 40 or 50MPG). Other times it will stay closed loop and read 150MPG or so (because I'm coasting of course).

Also, when I clear a Code, and it doesn't come back for a long time, does that mean it's really not happening or does it ignore codes for a while?

Have there been other discussions about what is "Normal" for our rigs? Things like the Ignition advance and stuff like that, to help use as a diagnostic tool? If not, I may need to start writing these things down and start a resource to compare.

Lemmie Know what you guys have found, Thanks!

-----
    Horse Power - Appears to show how much you are using. (from aprox.8 up to 190+)
    Fuel trim (Short Term) - Sits about ZERO (+-2) when driving. Up to 50 idling.
    Fuel trim (Long Term) - Sits around (8 up to 20) also moves upwards when idling, down when driving.
    (I only seem to trust the trim on banks 1&2, even though the ScanGauge lets me program banks 3&4) We only have 2 banks?????
    O2 Sensor Data (only tested Sensor1 so far) - reads steady (45) till engine warms then jumps around 8-80 after going to closed loop. Again the Xgauge paper shows 4 sensors on each of the 2 banks, but I'm sure we only have 2 sensors on each bank, guess we use #1 and #2???
    Last edited by Techy-D : 06/20/2008 at 01:35 PM
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!