Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lake City, Utah Meet and More

Salt Lake City, Utah Meet and More

I think everyone who piped up wants to do a trail. We still need to come up with one. I have something in mind that I have wanted to do for a while. Read this: http://www.4x4now.com/trutaf2.htm

We would need to meet up in the morning and then head South on I-15 for about half an hour. After that, we get to explore until we run out of daylight. ...Or... We can turn it into a camping/wheeling/hiking/fishing trip! Let's discuss...

I'm still trying to secure a full size spare too... so if anyone knows of a 33" spare for sale let me know... I've been watching KSL, almost bought a complete set of Tacoma wheels and tires for $300!! with BFG AT K/Os But they were in Springville... I live in Ogden... that would have been a ~$50 commute, and I didn't know when I could do it

Should have just bought them and worried about it later.

Let me know if anyone sees anything...

And remember, I'm a complete novice/beginner so a patient spotter will be necessary

My brother will be going too, he has an H3 with 33s on it. Also a beginner.

I joined Rocky Mountain Extreme (.com) and there are a ton of trail's marked using Google earth through out the state... and a ton of people willing to wheel, and run trails, I plan to tag along with them on a few rides over the next couple months too.

Fun Fun!

Richie

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    I'm still trying to secure a full size spare too... so if anyone knows of a 33" spare for sale let me know...

Richie
    Try calling around to local salvage yards to find a 16" wheel from a 6 lug Isuzu, Toyota, Nissan, Honda Passport...you get the idea.
    If you bring a jack & lug wrench, you can probably try it on before you buy, to make sure it clears the center hub/caliper etc.

Then start calling tire stores to find a used 285/75 x 16" tire.

I was able to score a Passport alloy wheel for $25. & a used tire for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    I'm still trying to secure a full size spare too... so if anyone knows of a 33" spare for sale let me know... I've been watching KSL, almost bought a complete set of Tacoma wheels and tires for $300!! with BFG AT K/Os But they were in Springville... I live in Ogden... that would have been a ~$50 commute, and I didn't know when I could do it

Should have just bought them and worried about it later.

Let me know if anyone sees anything...

And remember, I'm a complete novice/beginner so a patient spotter will be necessary

My brother will be going too, he has an H3 with 33s on it. Also a beginner.

I joined Rocky Mountain Extreme (.com) and there are a ton of trail's marked using Google earth through out the state... and a ton of people willing to wheel, and run trails, I plan to tag along with them on a few rides over the next couple months too.

Fun Fun!

Richie
    Richie,
    Give me a call I have an OEM set just gathering dust I need to get rid of. I think you can live with the price. I can bring them up to the college next week which is closer for you.
    Todd
    801-631-7993

Thanks again Todd!! Have fun running the Rubicon!
    ----
    On Topic

Does anyone care if a few H3 club guys come? My brother is a member of the hummer forums, and He asked if anyone has ever been on the trails we're headed to. Now they're asking if they can come to.

I think he said 2 or 3, which would make 3 or 4 including him... So we could be ~10ish

I don't know the area, nor the trial etc. so I don't know how accommodating it is to many vehicles.

Don't think he's headed until Friday, but I don't know for certain. ???

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    We are at 6 or 7 rigs already. How many H3's are we talking about here?
    Back from the Con. Fill me in. H3's??? Is the plan to camp out?
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    Back from the Con. Fill me in. H3's??? Is the plan to camp out?
    Todd
    I would like to camp out...

As for H3s... I'm fine just having my Brother's H3 come. And only that. He's my +1 and we both need some good spotters and training, so we can start going on our own.

Well I just finished a big project. I’m hoping the invoice gets paid before the 19th or I’m going to be eating top ramen on the trip.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

South Towne mall? It’s easy to find and there’s lots of options for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Perfect! Todd, Since you know the trail and such... what time do you think we should meet up that allows us to get to a good camp spot at a good time?
    OK I thought that Linda and I were going to camp out at Granite Flats but that is out now since I have to catch a plane on Sunday. Anyway for those that are not camping out we will meet at Tibble Fork Parking are at 8:30am on Saturday July 19th. Those that are camping out, we will meet at Dutchman Mine camping parking lot at 9:15am and leave there at 9:30. We should have time to do more than one trail. Forrest Lake first and then either Miller Hill or Mineral Basin trail after. We will at least go to the "Rock Garden" on the Mineral Basin trail.
    Directions are as follows. American Fork Canyon which is the Alpine exit on I-15 just south of the point of the mountain. It is also the exit for Thanksgiving Point and Cabellas. There will be an entrace fee when entering the canyon. Go up past Timpanogos Cave and make the left turn up the North Fork to Tibble Fork.
    Todd

Sounds Great! Going to be an early day for me Looking forward to it!

how far is this from vegas? it just happens i might go to vegas next weekend from thursday to sunday and im not old enough to gamble so would love to get together with everybody! i could take a cab or if someone passes by vegas and could pick me up would be good.
    i havent seen my VX in 3 months and i miss her terribly! i need some of that Vx love!
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
    how far is this from vegas? it just happens i might go to vegas next weekend from thursday to sunday and im not old enough to gamble so would love to get together with everybody! i could take a cab or if someone passes by vegas and could pick me up would be good.
    i havent seen my VX in 3 months and i miss her terribly! i need some of that Vx love!
    About 400 miles. That would be an expencive cab ride.