Thread: I'm baaack! (and so are my window-woes)

Unhappy I'm baaack! (and so are my window-woes)

So, it's been a few years. After a little haitus, one dashed federal career and scuttled whistleblower complaint, later, and my 2000 black beauty has finally suffered the death of her driver's-side window mechanism.

I'm talking dangling bits and pieces!

I've tried the track fix, btu it still kept hanging-up. One of the lone dealerships here, in Atlanta, recommended replacing the regulator after some other anomolous electrical problems (a 15 amp fuse kept erratically blowing).

Regulator fixed, the darn thing still was jumping out of alignment without manual guidance.

Big mistake: my kid-brother was visiting from Cali and I let him borrow my baby, but with the warning not to open or mess with the driver's window.

Of course, I got it back with one inoperable MF window!

I've dissected the patient and it looks like an F5 tornado had a good ol' time inside the door. One broken tab, the whole lift-arm dangling from the lift-cable and the regulator doesn't even seem to want to wind or unwind the slack. Oh! and other bits and pieces of plastic that I can't attribute to their source.

I've got to prop the window with a 2x4 to prevent the pane from spontaneously dropping until I can figure out a fix.

I know most of these threads regard fixing the track. Though it's been 2 years since the regulator was replaced (and probably didn't need it), I'm tempted to take it back to the dealer and demand their attention, but can't imagine their incompetence would have substantially improved

On the up-side, with just over 90k, she actually seems to burn fuel a bit more efficiently than originally, closer to 20 mpg than the original 17 mpg.

Help!
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Search function still works, even after two years...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ghlight=window

Great product

Get the window bracket fix kit, works wonder. Received the kit in no time. Installs quick and easy. No more slanted window binding. Great permanent window fix.

2x4 will work, but a hose clamp is lighter. Experience gained from an Impulse -- same window guts since mid 80's -- still crap.
    V
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

The Window bracket kit From SBC is amazing... My window broke 3 minutes after I bought my VX... heard the plastic tab drop to the ground... after a 500 mile drive home, I took it to the dealer, they said $300, I came here everyone said no, just get this bracket... I bought it, took 30-45minutes to install, and now my window runs very slick!

Well Well Well worth the $40-$50 bucks. I'd say it's a PERMANENT fix.

Hey Alex,

As everyone else has said - get the bracket from SBC:
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.htm

I haven't needed it yet but plan to purchase "just in case" at some point - having SC woes right now. Call me sometime if you have a chance - I still have the same number or email me at jeaton at wildtoys.com

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"