Hey all, I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a motorcycle this summer but I don't even know where to start looking. Since this is my first bike, I don't want anything too expensive or high maintenance, but (as a VX owner of course) I'm not interested in something boring or run of the mill. My neighbor is a motorcycle mechanic, so I'll have someone to go to with all my maintenance related questions. I really like all different types, sportbikes, cruisers, etc. but since I want to be able to take it to work on warm, dry days (yeah I know, all 5 of them in Seattle) I'm thinking something where you sit a little more upright might be most appropriate - my commute is close to 50 miles each way!! Of course, I'd also like something I can cruise around on on the weekends and maybe let the wife come along (if she's not driving me too crazy haha). I love the styling of the Ducati's, although I hear they're very expensive to maintain. I've also been looking at Buell's which look pretty nice - in fact the "Blast" is only about $5k and might make a great starter bike. What do you guys think? What are some uniquely styled bikes out there that I might like? Any general advise on buying/riding?