Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Little Beast olympic trials????

11th in the discus!
    10th in the pole vault!
    4th in the Javelin throw!
    17th in the 1500m!
    7587 points! 13th overall against a world class field! Way to go Ryan! I know you were hoping for an Olympic spot but man that is still pretty impressive! Your VX family is proud of you!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thumbs up

I just want to 2nd what Billy just said. 13th place against world class athletes is impressive. We are PROUD of you Ryan!
    Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 07/01/2008 at 01:10 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Thanks everybody

Billy and everyone thanks for all the continued support. It was an amazing event to be a part of. The US now has the top 3 scores in the world this year in the decathlon and has a chance to do something never done before, go 1,2,3 in the decathlon in the Olympics. Some of you out there might know what I am talking about here but I just was never able to get into a great rythme at the meet the last couple of days. It was odd, I felt healthy, but small nagging pains in my lower back and left ankle (jumping foot) and blisters on the back of my heals, didn't seem to affect me, but for some odd reason, my body just was not responding like it usually does. I probably should've done more competitions this year, but really I just didn't have a good meet. Oh well, I am still figuring out how to most effectively coach and train at the same time. Not having a dedicated personal coach for me probably played a part in this off year for me. But as I have always said, medals and awards are just symbols for the real prizes that all the competetors receive in the end, the more meaningful prizes like hard work, determination, brotherhood with others, shared experience of competition, friendships, and dreams. It was a great competition, great venue, and I just didn't have a good meet, I have four more years in my professional career, this year has opened my eyes to many lacking areas for optimal performance, so it is not a total loss. Thanks again for all the support. I will be heading out of Eugene tomorrow night late, and the meet is in the two day off period right now so I will probably just be laying around trying to rest off the decathlon sorenesses that always follow.